• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Xop platform

20ftup

I’m selling my xop Ernie style platform. I am a tool maker by trade so everything was done on Bridgeport. It has the bushing which is made out of inconel 625 which has much better properties than stainless (they use it for hardware in nuclear aircraft carriers). I also went with a 5/16 pivot bolt instead of 1/4 with nylon washer between metal contact areas. Has the striker plate riveted on and 6 point brackets. Also has 6 ft of 1/4 amsteel Brummell Locked splice on one end (I use jim stepp knot on other side). I will try to upload pics tomorrow. It looks identical to most other xop platforms except I went with 10 inch post. 100 tyd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will try this evening I’ve been super busy (third child born last week!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100 tyd is a good price. Someone buy this before I do.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.
Please don't! I'm new to saddle hunting this year. I'm using the kestrel and I'm just not familiar with this platform. I wanted to see pictures before purchasing.

Here you go. His will be a little different.
5df64e465714a2cc8fcdfde96d2ea103.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

You guys are awesome! I was confused by some of the diy threads.I wasn't sure if I'd need to buy a platform and/or if it was just the post and not the actual platform.

I'll take it if you'll accept PayPal.

I might need some guidance from you guys on how to work it. Like I said I'm new! I just can't keep standing on the stepp ladders. They're killing my feet!

I might need some guidance from you guys on how to work it. Like I said I'm new! I just can't keep standing on the stepp ladders. They're killing my feet!
No problem at all. Watch my video for installation. Then just stand on it and hunt. It's very easy to use. ALSO - always tether to the tree BEFORE you climb on the platform.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

No problem at all. Watch my video for installation. Then just stand on it and hunt. It's very easy to use. ALSO - always tether to the tree BEFORE you climb on the platform.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.
Could you explain why each platform is different?

That's a big discussion. Platforms are very personal. Some like lightweight options while others prefer better mobility. I use Ameristeps for preset spots and a seat style platform (like you just bought) for mobile setups. There are pros and cons of each system.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Back