• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

XOP Renegade and Edge Combo Question

jj51

Hey All!
Does anyone have any experience with the XOP Renegade Saddle/Harness and the Edge platform? I want to get off the ground for as cheap as possible (testing the waters and don’t want to dive all the way in) and be able to hunt public. This caught my attention because of price (currently $169 on Midway) and doubling as a safety harness for a normal stand. Throw in some hawk sticks or even the River’s edge ones and I’m ready to go. I know it’s not the sexiest setup or lightest or most comfortable… my biggest concern is quality and is it so uncomfortable that it’s useless.

Thanks for any thoughts!

I have both. The platform is rock solid...albeit a little heavy but handles side pressure very well. Actually I used it to "no stick" climb with at first. The saddle..can be comfortable if your willing to make some adjustments or modifications to the supplied bridge/linesman rope, and. I personally modified quite a bit. But I find it comfortable Now! I it is a very minimalistic type of saddle. But in my opinion as a starter, I would absolutely buy it again especially if you want to use it with a stand as a traditional harness. Definitely not the best or most comfortable, but at the price and willingness to modify it....well worth it.

I have both. The platform is rock solid...albeit a little heavy but handles side pressure very well. Actually I used it to "no stick" climb with at first. The saddle..can be comfortable if your willing to make some adjustments or modifications to the supplied bridge/linesman rope, and. I personally modified quite a bit. But I find it comfortable Now! I it is a very minimalistic type of saddle. But in my opinion as a starter, I would absolutely buy it again especially if you want to use it with a stand as a traditional harness. Definitely not the best or most comfortable, but at the price and willingness to modify it....well worth it.
Thanks for the info! I’m a bit of a tinkerer/modder, so testing and seeing what changes I need to customize for myself doesn’t scare me away. I’m also planning on using some set stands with friends, so doubling as a harness works for me. Worst case it’ll be a tree stand harness, or a spare for a friend if I upgrade.

I have the edge platform. I like it, easy to get in place and very solid, one of the very few I’ve seen with a 350lb rating. Only 2 negatives are the weight and it doesn’t fold exactly flat.

Back