• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

XOP Renegade Hip Pinch

PoorMansWrangler

Oct 14, 2022
Hey guys, first time hunting out of a saddle, so I went with a cheaper version to see how I would like it, ended up with an XOP renegade combo. I cut off all the junk and have sat in it 2 times this year, and been pretty miserable. I'm 6'3 215 in pretty decent shape. I played around with tether height, and a lower tether (chin height) seems to help when sitting, but when leaning I need it higher. When I sit, after 5-10 minutes I start to lose feeling below my knees. I thought it may have been my knee pads, but I tried loosening them with no help. I have tried to "sag" the saddle down lower, but it eventually hikes back up. I was wondering if you guys had any advice? Only thing I can think of is I wear a leather belt, could that be causing an issue?

IndyBowhunter

Mar 13, 2019
Definitely following along with this one. I have three sits so far in my Renegade, and while not as uncomfortable as you have described it hasn't been great either. So far, my best combination was running my bridge long with my tether around my nose height standing and taking out the slack through my safeguard. I have also noticed some pinch due to my thick leather belt that I normally wear. I definitely feel like I can't keep the saddle down low enough to sit comfortably, and end up leaning mostly. The riding up also makes it fairly uncomfortable for parts of my climb while one sticking since I don't have much material under my thighs and slide down into the leg straps.

tailgunner

Feb 22, 2021
western Oregon blacktailwoods
Unfortunately hip pinch is built into most saddles.part of the desighn.i dont know how or why it started.im guesing everyone coppied the first bad desighn with hip pinching properties.i would like it to stop,but the Ball is already rolling.and now everyone sells hip pinch.it sucks hearing all my dudes trying to get into this end up with the same problem of buying multiple saddles waisting money looking for just a little more comfort.better off waiting for companys to figyer it out,then buy after the concensus.for the next few years your money will just be waisted until they get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blacksmith

PoorMansWrangler

Oct 14, 2022
Not sure if it is the belt or length of my tether/bridge since they are both adjustable? Have played around with both but cant quite get it set right

josh9284

Nov 24, 2021
Florida
Adjust the pitch of the bridge on the bridge loops of you have changed the bridge on the xop. I changed my bridge to the one that cruzr sells.

Reactions: tailgunner

tailgunner

Feb 22, 2021
The bridge loops are the problem.its the top of the bridge loops that pull inward.if you adjust your bridge more to the bottom of the strap it can help.if you adjust it towards the top it will pinch.no need for bridge loops or adjustments if they where just made better.

Jtaylor

SH Member
Dec 25, 2018
Look into a diy fleece saddle and wear it over top of your Renegade. The fleece takes the pressure off your hips while the Renegade will provide your fall protection.
Second option: Buy a Cruzr XC, Dryad Drey or JX3.

tailgunner

Feb 22, 2021
Look into a diy fleece saddle and wear it over top of your Renegade. The fleece takes the pressure off your hips while the Renegade will provide your fall protection.
Second option: Buy a Cruzr XC, Dryad Drey or JX3.
I just had this conversation about how you have to buy another and another saddle just to make the same useless adjustments on your same useless bridgeloops thaz they all have.its just crazy to me that it is even a conversation still.im a Dummy who barely understands geometry.but i understand its importance.especialy to erganomics.a bridge pull up and in.with loops atached high and low ,pulling up and in on the top part of the loop wich squeezes the top waist strap in if the bridge isnt compleatly holding from the bottom low end of the loop.some saddles have better geometry than others.but still have these worthless bridge loops

Reactions: Jtaylor

Jtaylor

SH Member
Dec 25, 2018
I just had this conversation about how you have to buy another and another saddle just to make the same useless adjustments on your same useless bridgeloops thaz they all have.its just crazy to me that it is even a conversation still.im a Dummy who barely understands geometry.but i understand its importance.especialy to erganomics.a bridge pull up and in.with loops atached high and low ,pulling up and in on the top part of the loop wich squeezes the top waist strap in if the bridge isnt compleatly holding from the bottom low end of the loop.some saddles have better geometry than others.but still have these worthless bridge loops
I've had all 3 of the ones I mentioned and tried many others and have never had hip pinch in any one of those mentioned. They look the farthest from a "traditional saddle" and even kind of goofy but I'm glad they stepped outside of the box and went their own way because they sure are comfortable.

tailgunner

Feb 22, 2021
Yeah.... the shapes get goofy,but it takes some goof to make them more erganomic and you see it changing as some makers do try, but that dont change the fact that bridge loops are worthless and the geometry is comparable to GM's early independant front Controller arms. That means slopy and improvable for my young dudes ..the line is a long strait shot.use a sniper or just throw granades till we get there