• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

XOP Seat hack idea, need your opinion.

TrumpkinTheDwarf

Alright, it's not a saddle, but I am currently really annoyed with my xop seat cushion. Mesh replacement seats are out there, but I got to wondering if a fellow could just jigsaw out all the guts from the existing seat to leave a hollow seat frame, then weave paracord for a softer seat. I don't have any experience with cast aluminum, so I'd like to get your take on things. I weight 210, it that helps.

Can ya do it, sure, but enless you have a very narrow ass, its gonna be super uncomfortable, because no matter how tight you get the paracord, you'll still be sitting on the seat frame. I wouldn't do it, I'd either try a different pad, or get a mesh seat.

There's a YouTube vid on diy that seat. He put really thick closed cell foam in after cutting a slit in the seat cover and pulling out the old crappy foam. I tried it. Absolutely love it. I got two garden kneeling pads at Aldi for like 8$.try it, you won't be disappointed

Appreciate the feedback! I realized it was probably too small a seat for that idea, so I got some wheel chair hex patterned gel seat and cut it to shape and just added it to the existing foam.

Back