• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

XOP SRT

bpz89

What can I add to the XOP renegade Saddle to stop the atomic Wedgie I get from the leg straps when I SRT climb?

I’ve tried different adjustments on the leg straps but for whatever reason every time I SRT from the saddle it nearly pulls all the way up my back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prussiks to the bridge loops and then affix your bridge to the prussiks. This allows you to change the pitch of the saddle....I don't srt but I did no stick with the xop and it helped me.

Prussiks to the bridge loops and then affix your bridge to the prussiks. This allows you to change the pitch of the saddle....I don't srt but I did no stick with the xop and it helped me.

Got a picture? Did you use the ropes it came with? Did you use a prusik on both loops?

Thanks

Here’s a pic of a Prusik (bottom) and a simple girth hitch (top). They will both work to allow you to position the bridge on the bridge loops and keep it in place. Positioning them lower produces more of a cupping effect with the saddle. Hopefully that solves your problem.
46DA1D25-3D50-4D62-9F7E-DBA53776F28D.jpeg

I used the prussiks from the ropes the saddle came with. Re tied them onto each bridge loop.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220827-094002.png
    Screenshot_20220827-094002.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Fyi...I also padded the leg straps to help with that as well. I have since went back to steps because not a huge fan of hanginging like that, don't nt really know if any saddle will be except may e a two pannel

On the prussiks I untied the knots that came stock and tied a double fisherman's instead.

Yes the “hanging” part of the climb is where the pain comes lol.

Everyone here is hanging at some point though unless they are using sticks. You’re hanging if you are SRT, DRT, one sticking or 2TC.

On the prussiks I untied the knots that came stock and tied a double fisherman's instead.

I wonder if I just bought the cruzr adjustable bridge kit and installed it on the XOP if that would make a lot of difference?

That would work just the same. Probably a safer bet as those are continuous loop amsteel vs. a knot.

Keep an eye on those knots. That’s not a lot of tail and Amstel doesn’t hold knots well.
I thoroughly check them everytime. And my prussiks aren't amsteel, they are the hollow chord that come with that come pre installed on the ropes supplied...I just repurposed them!

...sorry 6mm sterling chord I think. But hopefully will all be replaced with new saddle soon...eyeing those wood saddles, just trying to get wife's approval!

Back