• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

XOP sticks and stealth strips?

fl@t0ut89

Hope I'm posting this in the right section. Just purchased a set of XOP full length steps in storm grey. I know with the locking mechanism taking these sticks apart to stealth strip will be a pain. My question is, does anyone have any experience with the XOP sticks? Searched high and low and the closest I found was a gentleman throwing hockey tape on the sticks. Not a bad option but I love the stealth strips. Had them on my Hawk Helium sticks and loved them. A last resort I could do is just order a roll of stealth strip and wrap it around like hockey tape. Thoughts and tips welcome!

just cut the strips around the step and patch where you need to

I think that answers my question. Looks like I have a lot of cutting ahead of me. Thanks!

yup. I cut in section to fill in between the steps. then you have to patch togethre stealth strips around the steps. I started taking out hardware for the first stick but I found you had to do a lot of cutting regaurdless and imo it wasnt worth it. Small patches of stealth strips still adhear well.

Back