• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

XOP Sticks anyone mod them?

Shimanonut

I have several sets of XOP steps and well like most I HATE the single steps. Thanks for some help from a friendly person here I figured out where to get some double steps. So here is my question, has anyone cut down XOP sticks? I've always just used them as the 34" standard (I have the grey/silver ones) but I'm thinking about cutting them to say 26" and adding the double steps. Cut my weight down and allow me be a little safer in the dark with the double steps that don't rotate or move around. I recognize that I will be a little shorter but generally I don't go off the top stick when using a regular hang on. I won't be afraid to go off the top step if it is a double and I'm using the saddle. So I figure I will be close to my current situation.

Also wondering about adding DanO's aggressive climbing stick bracket rather than the ones from XOP that rotate around and drive me crazy trying to set in the dark.

OR.... I just sell the XOP's on craigslist and buy a new set of Heliums (my likely choice right now.)

Just not crazy about cutting the sticks until I have some ideas from others. I welcome your thoughts. Thanks!

Back