• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Y’all do realize the Safeguard is made in Taiwan right?

Purpose of the post? Probably isn’t one, but I’ll tell you a little story about what led to it since you asked. After searching google to find the elusive & magical Safeguard available for purchase I pulled the trigger on one. I put the tablet down and went to bed, just as I was nodding I realized I had spent all evening and a hundred bucks so I could hang from a little rattling piece of tin & aluminum from Taiwan. All while I’ve got a nice GriGri+ and several prusiks in the room next to me. Its easy to get caught up in buying things when you think they’re scarce. Now I just need gas jugs and more TP.

Purpose of the post? Probably isn’t one, but I’ll tell you a little story about what led to it since you asked. After searching google to find the elusive & magical Safeguard available for purchase I pulled the trigger on one. I put the tablet down and went to bed, just as I was nodding I realized I had spent all evening and a hundred bucks so I could hang from a little rattling piece of tin & aluminum from Taiwan. All while I’ve got a nice GriGri+ and several prusiks in the room next to me. Its easy to get caught up in buying things when you think they’re scarce. Now I just need gas jugs and more TP.
You can't live your life by what the internet tells brother otherwise you'll be broke n crazy n no time.

All I know is that all my original GI Joe figures in the eighties all said made in Taiwan on their backs and they were tough as hell. They could live through duel bottle rocket launches, M80 wars, BB gun ambushed and whatever else. As a kid I figured Taiwan was the hardest/toughest place on earth to be made. If Snake eyes and Storm Shadow survived what I did to them, your product will be fine.

Petzl a French company aren't they?
Aren't Tethrd product made in China?
I think the beef at my local groceries market are imported from Argentina.
I think 25% of shrimps in the U.S. are imported from Vietnam.

Facts are facts, nothing political about how trade works.

U.S. also exports more wheat then anyone in the world. We are also the major exporter of SOY BEANS to China. We grow more soy beans then anyone in the world and sell almost exclusively to China. Who use most of it to feed their pigs, whom then export the pork back to the U.S.

This is just how world economy works, I wouldn't worry about where things are made/process as long as they are legitimate and have been QCed. Can't help with saddle hunting gear addiction. We are all enablers here.....

IMHO opinion, nothing is wrong with preferring local companies or businesses, but it shouldn't be the main factor when deciding to buy something. I hope one day saddlehunter.com goes INTERNATIONAL. We already got a few Canadians saddle hunters, hope one day we get EU or even Siberian! The only exception is fresh organic fruits/veggies. Its more expensive to buy locally but you pay for freshness, not that it is inherently better. If you ever eaten corns just picked from the field, you know what I'm talking about.

Isn't the GriGri+ a little rattling piece of tin, aluminum and plastic? The only reason to buy another device is to become a collector. I think you will find they work almost identically.

Pretty sure there's no tin in either product or nobody would touch them as life support devices

Back