• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

You’re thoughts

Bowhunter05

SH Member
7a34336257ef35c8340203b603151443.jpg
I used this once and seen a doe wind me not sure if she smelled me or the nose Jammer has anyone had success with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never used but I seriously doubt it does what it claims to do. Could be wrong

My thoughts...If I wanted gimmicks to kill me deer I'd just grab a spotlight and a .22. Playing the wind is an indispensable part of hunting.

my brother uses it a lot during mid season I tried it that one time and I never used it since

My thoughts...If I wanted gimmicks to kill me deer I'd just grab a spotlight and a .22. Playing the wind is an indispensable part of hunting.

I’m pretty sure that is not a gimmick. You can kill a lot of deer with a spotlight and a rifle, not so many using nose jammer.

It’s just a strong cover scent. From what I remember of scent testing with dogs the cover scent helps slightly. Nothing will fully cure you from being up wind of a deer. Deer are so keen that I’m weary of using anything that is adding any unnatural scents to their environment. Better off standing by the camp fire and walking in some cow or horse crap to help cover your scent

I know a guy that uses it at bait site and the deer get used to smelling it so when he hunts there he sprays it so the deer have trouble smelling him. The key is......deer are used to smelling it. Seems to help him. Young deer tolerate it in my experience but older deer seem to be less prone to tolerate anything out of place.....LOL

I was thinking of spraying it on a camera after set up. I’m afraid to try it tho...lol.

In area that you spray it regularly and the deer get used to it......pull the trigger now and watch and see. Then you'll know.

I've had a spike on public land that had houses all around, raise his nose, I know that he smelled it , come on past me but since then I quit using it. I just watch the wind but I'm still not sure whether it's a gimmick or it helps. I've been on both sides of the issue on this. I really think that if deer get used to smelling it you might be able to get by with old nannies and older bucks smelling you. I would love for it to work everywhere. I do think that it works like smelling a skunk. It over powers other odors. The deal is....will deer overlook the new smell.

I've used something similar at a farm I hunt. I think it works OK on younger deer but dominate/older does or old bucks not a chance. It's my experience they don't tolerate anything new, different or out of place. I mean imagine if you came home and there was a weird smell in your house. You'd notice immediately.

Anything store bought is junk period. I'll tell ya something that works. Once you kill a deer or come across a road kill cut the tarsal glands off of it and rub it all over your hunting cloths. If your not that adventurous you can just hang it up near your tree.

If you trim away as much flesh as you can it will last about a week without any refrigeration. Ive had the best luck with younger doe tarsals. I big buck can be an awful rank critter and there are times that no deer in the woods wants anything to do with one.

If your in a spot where the wind can get squirrely it can really save you sometimes. I realize if they can smell it in theory they can smell you but the truth is deer are a simple minded critter. There are some that will get that smell and only concentrate on it. There are others that will always pick you up.

If your not a doe killer your probably better off with nothing. When a doe comes across something that catches her attention she will hunt around until she finds it.

Back