• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

You might think i am crazy.. but a $12 walmart dog harnes for a saddle?

Corydd11

Oct 22, 2018
Hey SH'ers. New user here. Been huntin lone wolf stick and stand for about 5 years. Love everything about them.. until I couldn't hunt the tree I wanted.
Been doing some research and I made me this saddle just now. (I haven't hunted out of it) but have been hanging in the tree behind my house for a few hours messing with it. This XL dog harness is very well made. I will definitely trust it.

Last edited:

Corydd11

Oct 22, 2018
XL dog harnes $12 and $4 foam pad
I am 190lbs. I was trying to break it from gound level and I couldn't.

Deltahuntr

Sep 3, 2018
Prairieville, Louisiana
I definitely agree with KYHunter above. It looks comfortable but I would be cautious and where a backup system of some type even fi it’s just a fall harness that comes with one of the of the other deer stands you already own. Be safe and good luck!

Reactions: Corydd11

Corydd11

Oct 22, 2018
Nex
You might think i am crazy.

Indeed I do. No way I would trust my life to that thing without backup.
I will use back up for now. But next time your at Walmart go put your hands on this harness and tell me what u think. I was surprised too. Trust me.

Reactions: bigjoe

Jasper2

Nov 24, 2014
Indiana
What quality of thread do you suppose the Chinese used when stitching that together?
A fall from 20' might make a good used saddle look pretty cheap...

I second this. While I dig your ingenuity, please be careful and use a backup system if you are going to climb with that untested contraption!