• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Your offical marking of spring..

Oldnotdead

Mine combines a few things. The return of the turkey, ramps and walking into my first morning walk skunk...lol
I have a few skunk that play a who will move first game with me. Luckily yesterdays was a polite one. Angel started for him but I managed to call her back for a collar hold. He then walked toward us to with in 15 ft. and I yelled, Come on!!!. So he turned and walked away. They are pretty things. He was big mainly white with black legs and face with a blk. Spot on his back.
What ushers spring in for you?

Mine combines a few things. The return of the turkey, ramps and walking into my first morning walk skunk...lol
I have a few skunk that play a who will move first game with me. Luckily yesterdays was a polite one. Angel started for him but I managed to call her back for a collar hold. He then walked toward us to with in 15 ft. and I yelled, Come on!!!. So he turned and walked away. They are pretty things. He was big mainly white with black legs and face with a blk. Spot on his back.
What ushers spring in for you?

Crazy weather. Rain. Plant shoots start pushing up through the ground. Rain. Start seeing turkeys again. Rain. God awful allergies. Rain. Did I mention rain?

Your right about robins,we have a group that stays late into winter in our swamp. It use to be flowering cherry ,but here on the hill they bloom 2 weeks later than the ones a half mile down our road. This amazes me every year.

May Apples coming up!!

What-Are-Mayapples.jpg

Multiple things marks spring to me. The first is the arrival of daffodils. They'd always bloom a little bit before Easter at my Grandparents. Second, is that dogwoods bloom. And if the dogwoods are blooming, the turkeys are gobbling. Gobbling turkeys marks the third thing that lets me know spring has arrived. Fond memories of the newness of life with all three. Thanks for giving me a walk down memory lane.

First indication is always the forsythia bushes blooming in town. Plums bloom only about a week after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
Bikinis start showing up in the boats

That's definitely more summer. I am not at all above some good sightseeing, but all my serious fishing is over by them.

I usually get my first walleye trip in last weekend of March or first of April. That's the start of spring for me. I am not much of a turkey hunter I prefer fishing in the spring but gobbles are the sound of the season along with spring peeper frogs.

Back