• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Youthsaddle question

bowbender73

So basically, I've been taking my youngest kids out hunting from the tree for the first time this year. We have been using sets that already have a permanent hang on, with me saddled up slightly behind and above them. They've been using an old small size harness, and climbing steps usually. I when flying solo use a RADS system and am really sold on this. My thoughts are drifting probably not getting them a full saddle system but maybe a youth climbing harness?

Anybody have any experience or suggestions for smallish size rock climbing/arborist harness ? There both around 5' and 100#, both athletic, but not full blown climbers :)

I just went to NT's site and they have another youth saddle I think might fit your purpose better. It's the kids soft side D. That way they have a lanyard all the way to hunting height. Petzel makes kids harnesses as well but I don't think they would do what you want. Here's the link for the NT harness.

http://newtribe.com/store/index.php?mai ... cts_id=113

Just checked it out, that looked perfect...until I measured up my early teen daughter......lets just say dad still believes she a little girl ;)
Looks like I might have to go up into a small adult size. Unfortunately I don't have the means to buy a full blown rig like my evo, might look for a used walkabout or, maybe the regular twist. No soft loops but looks good otherwise.

Back