• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Just got a new guido's web for long sits - should I put a rope tether on it

Ontariofarmer

I just got a guidos web to complement my aero hunter. I love the comfort and even like the new bridge but I do not like the tree tether. To put a rope tether on it I would have to cut the existing strap tether and ruin it. Since it is new I would like some advice from other's who have used the rope and web tether. Should I cut it or give the web tether time . I like the rope tree tether on my aero hunter. I switched to the 9mm Samson rope that red now uses and use a kong or ropeman on the tether.

Thanks

I like the web tether... I don't see why you would have to cut the tether to put a rope on it. Just remove the Web tether and replace it with a rope bridge and a rope tether.
Unless I'm not understanding you. That's what I would do

I like the web tether... I don't see why you would have to cut the tether to put a rope on it. Just remove the Web tether and replace it with a rope bridge and a rope tether.
Unless I'm not understanding you. That's what I would do
The tether is attached to the bridge so you cannot separate without cutting it. I like the bridge but so far do not like the tether. I could remove both as you suggest and just go with rope.
It is interesting that you like all that webbing. Maybe it will grow on me too.

Hey Ontariofarmer, where are you located. I'm in Brighton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep trying to convert my friends but they're all land lubbers.

I just googled Londesborough. Looks like some nice land. Do you hunt the swamp to the south?

Swamp in several areas around me I am going to hunt some this year. I usually just hunt farms close to home but I am going to try some public swamp that I scouted this year.

I did. I kept the OEM setup and swapped in a rope tether and rock climbing runner for the bridge.

I just got a guidos web to complement my aero hunter. I love the comfort and even like the new bridge but I do not like the tree tether. To put a rope tether on it I would have to cut the existing strap tether and ruin it. Since it is new I would like some advice from other's who have used the rope and web tether. Should I cut it or give the web tether time . I like the rope tree tether on my aero hunter. I switched to the 9mm Samson rope that red now uses and use a kong or ropeman on the tether.

Thanks

I use a rope tether with Ropeman on my Web. I don't remember having to cut the old tether. Wasn't it attached to the bridge with a carabiner? Either way, if you have to cut, I would cut.

I use a rope tether with Ropeman on my Web. I don't remember having to cut the old tether. Wasn't it attached to the bridge with a carabiner? Either way, if you have to cut, I would cut.
The treee tether is attached to the bridge as a sewn loop so it must be cut to be removed. The new bridge is compact and strong.. I like it. I think I should just cut the tether off and go with a rope. The claim is the web tehter won't slip as easy as a rope tether but the rope is simple and compact , especially with that 9mm rope that red is using.

I still have trouble wrecking new stuff to make it better and just want to be sure cutting it off is the best thing to do because there is no going back. The majority says go with a rope tether so I willl go with it.

Thanks everyone.

The treee tether is attached to the bridge as a sewn loop so it must be cut to be removed. The new bridge is compact and strong.. I like it. I think I should just cut the tether off and go with a rope. The claim is the web tehter won't slip as easy as a rope tether but the rope is simple and compact , especially with that 9mm rope that red is using.

I still have trouble wrecking new stuff to make it better and just want to be sure cutting it off is the best thing to do because there is no going back. The majority says go with a rope tether so I willl go with it.

Thanks everyone.

Im in the same boat.......I love the bridge that came with the Web but wanted to use the rope for the tether. I have not cut mine yet but I did get a rope tether and a couple of 24" nylon runners to try out. I played with the runners this weekend and did not feel as in control with my turning for shots as I do with my Web bridge. I will play around some before our season starts in October but for my week vacation in Kentucky oening week I'm sticking with my original Web tether and bridge.

Let me know how you like your setup after you make the cut!

I did. I kept the OEM setup and swapped in a rope tether and rock climbing runner for the bridge.
Exactly what I did. The sliding bridge is way better and the rope lets you use a mechanical adjuster like the rope man or kong

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have been reading tonight that the duck kong and ropeman 1 and 2 are only rated about 4 kn and that in the event of a fall they will sever the rope. Maybe these things are not as safe as we think or am I missing something

It's a known issue. Manage your risk so you don't stress your equipment to those extremes

I guess it was not known by me and maybe a few others on the forum. Thanks for confirming my thoughts.
Maybe I can tie a prussik to the biner and attach it to the tether below the ascender. Just keep the prussik loose on the tail of the tether. Extra safety!

You can also take the tail end and tie a figure 8 follow through or bowline around the carabiner. Then if it fails, the farthest you fall is to the end of your tether

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I guess it was not known by me and maybe a few others on the forum. Thanks for confirming my thoughts.
Maybe I can tie a prussik to the biner and attach it to the tether below the ascender. Just keep the prussik loose on the tail of the tether. Extra safety!
There is a thread from last fall somewhere. Many of the new Ropemans are rated for 15 kN but there a lot of 4 kN ones still on the market.

Back