• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2014 YEAR IN REVIEW

bowhunterchuck

Last day of deer hunting in SC. This year was quite the experience. Being my first year using a saddle I am very proud of myself. 1 big doe and 3 nice bucks. All taken in the AH. My only regret was not getting a saddle earlier !
I will be getting started setting up trees this weekend for Sept. 15th opener. I can't wait to get up in a tree and experiment with different "settings". Have had a few comfort issues that I think will go away with different strap and bridge lengths. The platform issues have not been a problem for me. I can use bolts or screw in steps. Maybe that is because I have a size 8 hunting boot ! Most of my weight is in the saddle anyway and not on the platform. I am also thinking of using my tree stand without a seat as a platform for one of my all day spots ? Anyone do this ? Will also be looking for a longer bow holder than a tree step. My bow always seemed to be in the way when moving around the tree or on the wrong side for me to reach. Something that worked well for me was putting a tree step at waist height for pulling myself around the leaning tree I was in. Straight trees are definately more comfortable ! Most of my issues have already been talked about and resolved by my fellow saddle hunters in this forum. I read this site everyday and can't wait to find out what problems someone has fixed or what "new" product is available. I can honestly say that I would not be hunting in a saddle if it weren't for you guys and this site. You kept me informed and motivated.
Happy New Year ! Thanks to all of you !

Chuck- Congrats on an awesome year! I am glad that the site was able to help you!

I still have some time left in my season so I will post a year in review when its over :)

Back