• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2nd sit

Nolehoe

Tried my second sit in the evo this weekend. Found it difficult to stay comfortable (knees) when sitting. Maybe I need to adjust the height of my tree strap. Mine was head high. Not sure about tether length either, legs had about a 130 degree bend.
d471601a69ca2e1ad1c160c5f6e81ee0.jpg
27c8ffbf1ce1c6aa14211e4eb6819d9d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

This year I am packing a garden mat to strap to the tree for something to lean on - HUGE help already.
I am always using old knowledge...

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Tried something similar on my first sit and knee pads on second. Think my knee pads were a touch more comfortable. But the first sit I used a xop/ Ernies platform and second sit I used climb paws for platform

I am thinking about one of those soft/quiet stadium seas cushions and tying it to the tree for a knee rest. I do not believe it will make any noise and that is a plus!

You've probably heard this on here already, but... your bridge looks pretty long. I think a lot of us have settled on a bridge that is about 24"-28" long. Mine is 24" and that length works for me. It can really have a big effect on comfort.

The 130 degree angle sounds about right, but play with the length of your bridge and tether. That could fix your problem. Knee pads... I never hunt without them.

Also, it takes awhile to get your body, knees, and feet in "saddle shape". After several sits you'll get used to the new pressure points and uncomfortable positions,and learn how to eliminate them.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I wear knee pads, but I also just switch from leaning to sitting and back as needed. While seated I'll do both knee, each knee individually, or nut to truck, I move around a fair amount in the saddle, much more than I did in a stand, and I've only be busted once in the saddle. Mostly I lean, and the only pressure points I notice now are my ameristeps on my feet one of these days I'll improve my platform or get boots with a shank.

I wear knee pads, but I also just switch from leaning to sitting and back as needed. While seated I'll do both knee, each knee individually, or nut to truck, I move around a fair amount in the saddle, much more than I did in a stand, and I've only be busted once in the saddle. Mostly I lean, and the only pressure points I notice now are my ameristeps on my feet one of these days I'll improve my platform or get boots with a shank.

I move a lot too. "Head on a swivel". Plus I slowly swing around to look. My motto is spot them before they can spot me.

The 130 degree angle sounds about right, but play with the length of your bridge and tether. That could fix your problem. Knee pads... I never hunt without them.

Also, it takes awhile to get your body, knees, and feet in "saddle shape". After several sits you'll get used to the new pressure points and uncomfortable positions,and learn how to eliminate them.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.
Was kinda thinkn my knees just need to toughen up like it takes a few times to get used to a mountain bike seat.

Good to know that others move more than in a stand. I haven't noticed any discomfort in the feet. I did feel stealthy in the saddle. Like a tree ninja

Good to know that others move more than in a stand. I haven't noticed any discomfort in the feet. I did feel stealthy in the saddle. Like a tree ninja

Yup, I move more in my saddle than a stand but it is slow movement to scan all 360 degrees. Like red said - spot them before they spot you!

Back