• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

3M safety walk for wet environment

jsh909

Probably nothing you guys haven't seen before, but thought I would share. Slip resistant tape by 3M for swimming pool environments. It's a rubberized gripper coating. Got it at local hardware for 10 bucks. Been messing with a hawk helium platform for a cheaper option. I am actually starting to like it more and more after messing around with it a little bit.IMG_20221112_145055285~2.jpgIMG_20221112_145144284~2.jpgIMG_20221112_145227080~2.jpgIMG_20221112_150552531.jpgIMG_20221112_145037045~2.jpg

Time will tell how it will hold up, but for 10 bucks I figured it was worth a shot. Plus being rubberized it is very sound deadening.

I wetted it down a bit with the hose and slid my Keens across it at ground level essentially on my fence post and didn't get any squeak or anything, but they have fairly aggressive tread. I was a little concerned about that myself. I think it would be possible that something with a fairly smooth sole could cause a squeak but it's a fairly soft material so it doesn't make a scratching sound either like tread tape does. At least with my boots. I have a pair of Itasca boots as well that are a bit less aggressive and they did fine as well. I basically only made typical hunting moves. I am sure if I really stomped and scuffed I could get some noise out of it but for normal use I am very pleased. I just put it on today, so durability is up in the air. And obviously depending on your boots, results could vary, but no it's grippy and quiet so far for me.

One thing I believe I will add to the platform itself is a small, maybe 2"x2" ish platform where the H emblem is above the top standoff. It will give me a better foot hold when toe camming it into position. I will probably just cut it out of aluminum stock and weld it on to avoid more holes and bolts. That said other than the crap welds(aesthetically) and finish, I think once I am done it will be a solid platform. So far I only have 10 dollars into it.

Back