• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

3rd sit ever in Treesaddle =BBD

n.sampey

Well guys out of 5 sits in my saddle I am in love. I find something that helps during every sit, a few things I have learned so far
1. Knee pads are a must.
2. The smaller the tree the better.
3. If your back starts hurting stand up and bring the seat to your back with your butt on the straps.
4. As far as stealth and being mobile - IT CANNOT BE BEAT!!!!.
5. Always make sure the shot is on your left side if your right handed.
6. And it will save your life because when I shot my first ever wall hanger with my bow on government land in Louisiana yesterday I prolly would have jumped out of stand had I not been tied off.

Well guys here is my story in only my third sit I took down my largest Louisiana bow kill by about 80 inches by being able to sneak close to his bedding area.

Well December 2nd I scouted a spot with my treesaddle on, and found where 3 ridges pinched down into a miniature bowl about 40 yds in diameter. One ridge from the back come out of the big woods and had a lot of underbrush and the other two come from in front through some 15 year olds pines that had been thinned about 2 years ago. I read the wind and thermals and set up accordingly and had no sightings yesterday. So the next morning I returned to hunt one more time and pick up my set and move. At about 7:30 I hear steps on the ridge behind me, swing slowly to the left and I see legs. For a second it hits me, big boy is late getting home.after that the training of shooting and all the practice takes over. Another step and the left side was enough to get me fumbling for my hoyt. At 30 yds. He hit an opening and I let the thunderhead eat. He bounds 20 yds. And stops and I start worrying I might have missed. Then I see his back end sink a little and he does the death run another 10 yds and turns circles before crashing. This was a moment I have waited for, for years. I literally flood in emotions not knowing what to do. For a second I feel lost not really knowing the feeling that I was experiencing. Walking upto him the thought of all the hard work and sweat and walking I have endured was for a purpose. And after so long it finally ran its course, and with it being on public with a bow where the deer are pressured severely I feel the since of pride knowing that I am getting better as a hunter and outdoorsman.i

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 666
  • image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 663
AWESOME!!!!! Congrats man!!! That is the feeling we are all looking for!!!! :D :D :D

Lol I get that question a lot my dad raises deer. And our skinning pole is right there so I took a few pics before we hung him up. Lol I don't like pen hunting besides its only 3/4 acre lol wouldn't be a big challenge lol

That's a bruiser for Louisiana which is a state not known for big bucks. He's a booner for that state.

Congrats

Back