• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aero Evo has arrived!

NWFLBowhunter

Oct 22, 2014
Well it can in yesterday while I was in the woods, so naturally I stayed home today to play with it. Only one thing I can't get set right are the leg straps. I keep getting my boys pinched if I go from sitting to standing. The padded section of the leg straps never really has any pressure on them. If I tighten them, they put too much pressure on the inside on my groin. Seems to be no happy medium with it. I read where if you cross the straps it stops this, but don't really want to cut the straps loose to try this just yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Allen

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
Re: Areo Evo has arrived!

I haven't had any problems with my guys getting pinched. See if you can wear the saddle a little lower once you get up in the tree. Also try loosening up the waist belt to do this. When I set up like this the straps are away from the guys. I do sometimes have to adjust the leg strap length from sit to sit in order to keep it in the "sweet spot".

NWFLBowhunter

Oct 22, 2014

Yea I can loosen the straps up and it stops the issue, but it seems like there should be pressure applied to the leg strap padding. Its comfortable to sit in other than that. I'm pleased with my purchase and have already emptied my trophy line saddle bags. Will be on public land in the morning with it.

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com

You definitely need at least a small amount of pressure from the leg straps to take advantage of the comfort it offers. I don't think it should be hitting your guys though. If you slide it down your but a little further that strap will come around further down your thigh.

Just fool around with it and you'll find your comfort zone :D . It may take a few sits.