• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

All in from Louisiana.

BayouBeauxhunter

Hey guys! Been lurking the site for a little while now. Around beginning of May decided to buy sit drag and couple wild edge steps for a platform to get an idea how I’d like a saddle. I liked the sit drag but not the WE steps so much as a platform. I’d get good at setting the steps up, then I’d switch trees and it was like learning all over again. Then the predator came out and I knew I had to have it. Figured I’d be happy with the platform and sit drag. Then I told myself it was time for new ropes. So now I’m sitting here waiting for the full mantis kit to arrive lol. Hopefully I’ll get to see how well the sit drag does this year dragging deer out the woods

Hey Bayou welcome to the saddle forum. I think if you’ll give it a chance you’re going to love the saddle.

I’m originally from Eunice but live in Houston now and hunt east Texas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I hunt public only. Mostly in area 6 but also area 3 and some nwrs. How about you?

I mostly hunt area 4 but have done a bit of scouting in area 6. I’d really like to do more hunting at Sherburne and Tunica this year.

There’s another fella on here from our neck of the woods. @denots really solid guy. I credit him for convincing me to take the plunge as he took a few hours out of his day to show me his kestrel.

Welcome to the addiction! I’m in Lake Charles. Are you using the wild edge stepps to climb?

I mostly hunt area 4 but have done a bit of scouting in area 6. I’d really like to do more hunting at Sherburne and Tunica this year.

There’s another fella on here from our neck of the woods. @denots really solid guy. I credit him for convincing me to take the plunge as he took a few hours out of his day to show me his kestrel.

I’ve never hunted tunica. Different hunting in those hills. lol. Good deer in there from what I hear though. Sherburne getting ruined by hogs. Enjoy hunting that bottomland swamp though.

Welcome from Denham Springs. My cousin lives in Lafayette. I'm trying to get him in the saddle this year. Sounds like we got enough guys in Louisiana we ought to try to put a camping trip/hunt together. Maybe a fun way to get to know each other a little better. Any suggestions? We might even let @swampsnyper come back to his home state and participate since he won't ever go to saddlepalooza.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I’ve never hunted tunica. Different hunting in those hills. lol. Good deer in there from what I hear though. Sherburne getting ruined by hogs. Enjoy hunting that bottomland swamp though.
Ive hunted Tunica, it turns on hard in January. I made the opener there a few yrs back. I got ate up with the red bugs.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Welcome from Denham Springs. My cousin lives in Lafayette. I'm trying to get him in the saddle this year. Sounds like we got enough guys in Louisiana we ought to try to put a camping trip/hunt together. Maybe a fun way to get to know each other a little better. Any suggestions? We might even let @swampsnyper come back to his home state and participate since he won't ever go to saddlepalooza.

I’m definitely game for this. I don’t know any areas well enough to make a suggestion really, but I’m definitely interested.

Im down

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Back