• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Alright, I'm in

danglindown

Browsed this site for a while looking and pulled the trigger on a Mantis saddle today. I know it will be a while before I get it, but I am excited to try this.

I farm down in south Georgia and figured I can use this setup to hunt hogs all year and then be ready for next deer season. I strictly bowhunt and I am just tired of lugging a stand around and worrying if some of my expensive lock-ons are going to walk off when I am not around.

The creativity on this site is unmatched and I look forward to all the information and tips that I can finally implement when my saddle arrives.

Look forward to getting to know y'all!

Welcome. I’m in South Georgia as well. I use a saddle almost exclusively and they work great on private land in addition to public. Between stick ladders and bolts you can pre set a pile of trees for not much money. It’ll keep any lazy buddies from asking if they can go sit in your stand also. What part of South Georgia are you in?

You'll love a saddle for pigs. I usually find it more productive to hunt them from a boat or stalk the edges of thick cover, but I'm almost always wearing my kestrel while doing so. I carry bolts and a drill, and can either set up on a hot spot on-the-fly or preset and return.

The extra mobility and flexibility is indispensable if you're chasing hogs without dogs or bait.

I live in a little town called Pitts, about 15 miles east of Cordele. I plan on using the XOP and Lonewolf climbing sticks I have now to begin with, and then try WildEdge Stepps and other systems till I see what I like best. I have a 7 year old that is getting a bow for Christmas and I read on here about another father that used his saddle to hunt next to his child in a lockon. That's what finally made up my mind!

I live in a little town called Pitts, about 15 miles east of Cordele. I plan on using the XOP and Lonewolf climbing sticks I have now to begin with, and then try WildEdge Stepps and other systems till I see what I like best. I have a 7 year old that is getting a bow for Christmas and I read on here about another father that used his saddle to hunt next to his child in a lockon. That's what finally made up my mind!
I plan on doing that next year. It is the only reason I kept my Lone Wolf Assault.

Dano sells double steps that work on LW sticks They work great. Beats having to find that single step on the LW's when your climbing down.

Browsed this site for a while looking and pulled the trigger on a Mantis saddle today. I know it will be a while before I get it, but I am excited to try this.

I farm down in south Georgia and figured I can use this setup to hunt hogs all year and then be ready for next deer season. I strictly bowhunt and I am just tired of lugging a stand around and worrying if some of my expensive lock-ons are going to walk off when I am not around.

The creativity on this site is unmatched and I look forward to all the information and tips that I can finally implement when my saddle arrives.

Look forward to getting to know y'all!
Welcome from North Georgia! It sounds like you're going to enjoy the mobility. I love being able to move so easily.

Welcome from Northern Virginia, I would highly consider Saddlepalooza 2019 it's in your neck of the woods and you will have access to the entire spectrum of saddle gear out there.

@danglindown if you want to try any of my stuff let me know. I’m only about 30 minutes from you. I lease a small property just north of Rebecca that has to be close to you. Also there are several of us that hunt behind a lok on. I got my 12 year old in the saddle a couple times this year but he still prefers the safer feel to him of the millennium. Of course he spends as much time sleeping in it as hunting.

Welcome from SE Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@danglindown if you want to try any of my stuff let me know. I’m only about 30 minutes from you. I lease a small property just north of Rebecca that has to be close to you. Also there are several of us that hunt behind a lok on. I got my 12 year old in the saddle a couple times this year but he still prefers the safer feel to him of the millennium. Of course he spends as much time sleeping in it as hunting.

Thank you for the offer! We have a hunting club that is just off the Rochelle-Rebecca highway. I would love for you to come up and try and kill a few hogs with me in January after deer season goes out. I live about 4 miles north of Pitts and appreciate any help in getting started with this. That is awesome that you have your boy in one. Makes me feel more confident about it.

That sounds like a plan. Your place must be on the alapaha river or pretty close to it.

Back