• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Am I ok

Boomah21

SH Member
Prob should asked this prior to doing it but is there any kind of safety concerns or issues with cleaning linesman and tether in hot water with a mild soap?

I noticed they smelled a bit and was absolutely shocked at how much dirt oils etc came out of them

Anyway am I ok? Or do I need to toss these out

Depends on your definition of "hot" water and mild soap. There are specialized cleaners for climbing ropes but REI says warm water and Dawn is acceptable

Depends on your definition of "hot" water and mild soap. There are specialized cleaners for climbing ropes but REI says warm water and Dawn is acceptable

Thank you…warm water is prob a better definatation as I hand washed it in a bowl

Do you think the Atsko Sport Wash detergent for washing your hunting clothes and other outdoor gear would be ok? It is formulated to rinse clear for hunting garments and other performance fabrics and says it also restores DWR coatings.

Attachments

• IMG_5375.jpeg
    IMG_5375.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5376.jpeg
    IMG_5376.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5377.jpeg
    IMG_5377.jpeg
    404.5 KB · Views: 10
Do you think the Atsko Sport Wash detergent for washing your hunting clothes and other outdoor gear would be ok? It is formulated to rinse clear for hunting garments and other performance fabrics and says it also restores DWR coatings.

I look for detergents that doesn’t have uv brightners or fragrances.

Whats dwr coatings?

The sport wash pictured was touted as a UV killer way back when.
I used to use it all the time.

Is this the same stuff?
Clicky

Back