• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ameristeps platform orientation

Steve

I'm using helium sticks and I install my ameristep platform 18" above my top stick, but I'm having a hard time getting them in the best orientation, it seems that the buckle leaves a gap and I can't seem to find the best place to put the buckle.

how many steps are you using to mention a gap? When I used ameristeps my ratchet buckle was basically another step if I needed it

really you just need three points and you can shoot in any direction, just have to get the bow/arrow around the tether for those off side shots

id use 5 steps usually like

=.....=
....I

(disregard the dots)

yeah don't worry about that gap. leaning for your shot can basically get you anywhere around that tree

When guys talk about 360 most aren't actually moving their feet around the tree

its not going to be perfect form or anything, so you may want to practice on those 40 yarders :kissing:

I'm shooting a crossbow, so I have to be careful to get away from the tree for clearance, that gap in the steps is always in the wrong location. I think I will try putting it behind the tree

I'm using helium sticks and I install my ameristep platform 18" above my top stick, but I'm having a hard time getting them in the best orientation, it seems that the buckle leaves a gap and I can't seem to find the best place to put the buckle.

Drop your steps down 15 inches and leave the gap where your last stick steps are. Use your stick to fill the gap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always have a minimum of 6. Most of the time 7. This gives me the freedom to maintain eye contact with my target without the possibility of missing a step or feeling like I need to look for one. The only disadvantage to this is if you aren't on a decent sized tree then it makes tightening a little more difficult. But I can always get them plenty tight enough.

I use 5 steps. If you are a righty, you want to try to get the buckle somewhere between 1-3 o'clock on the tree so that is where the larger "gap" will be. This is more of a dead spot where I will either lean around the tree to my left to shoot or turn my body around counterclockwise to shot back to my right.

I use 5 steps. If you are a righty, you want to try to get the buckle somewhere between 1-3 o'clock on the tree so that is where the larger "gap" will be. This is more of a dead spot where I will either lean around the tree to my left to shoot or turn my body around counterclockwise to shot back to my right.

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

Back