• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Amsteel rope

ADKMtnTrapper

Does anyone have suggestions on where to buy amsteel?

I was going to order direct but they wanna charge me 15 bucks in just shipping for 25 ft of 5/16..... a second site wanted 13 bucks for shipping. I am hoping to just under 10 bucks for shipping im only buying $40 worth of rope.

I really would OD green but will settle for black.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I bought mine from Redden Marine. I can't remember what I paid for shipping. But let's be honest - they're killing us on the shipping.

Re: RE: Re: Amsteel rope

g2outdoors said:
I bought mine from Redden Marine. I can't remember what I paid for shipping. But let's be honest - they're killing us on the shipping.
I hear ya there, thanks man!

redsquirrel said:
I bought one of these on ebay and cut it up:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AmSteel-Blue-Re ... mp;vxp=mtr
I bought that same package in 3/8" but I don't like it very much. I'm sure it's super strong, and it Is pricey so I wanna use it somewhere. I haven't figured out where to use it yet because I don't like it as climbing rope or tether or lineman belt or bridge. I gUess for now it's a backup

Shaun

I'm using Amsteel for my bridge and on my my assassin platform. I agree that it's not well suited to be a climbing rope or tether.

g2outdoors said:
I'm using Amsteel for my bridge and on my my assassin platform. I agree that it's not well suited to be a climbing rope or tether.
How come its no good for a tether?

It could work as a tether...It's certainly strong enough. I guess I should have said it wouldn't be my preference as a tether. I only say that because the bark would really chew up the rope. If you used some sort of shield or sheathing on the amsteel, I think it would be awesome. Amsteel is certainly strong, but not very abrasion resistant like climbing rope is.

g2outdoors said:
It could work as a tether...It's certainly strong enough. I guess I should have said it wouldn't be my preference as a tether. I only say that because the bark would really chew up the rope. If you used some sort of shield or sheathing on the amsteel, I think it would be awesome. Amsteel is certainly strong, but not very abrasion resistant like climbing rope is.
Ahh got ya thanks for the input!

Yeah, I only climbed and descended with mine maybe ten or twelve times in the last couple of weeks and I can see where it's wearing already. I still might try to use it as bridge, but only if I'm gonna do another fixed length bridge. Most of the time, out I guess I should say a lot of the time, I use the climbing rope for everything so I don't have to worry with multiple ropes and slings. Plus I like to adjust my bridge really tight while I'm climbing and the let it out when I'm ready to sit

Shaun

Back