• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Another Canuck onboard!

Red Dwarf

Just thought I would say Hi from Southern British Columbia.

I have been picking up lots of good information since I found this great site a few weeks back.
I've been hunting for a number of years but could never get excited about hang-on stands for some reason, but the whole saddle idea has definitely got my juices flowing, and just in time!
I ordered a web just before the deadline and an XOP seat a couple of weeks before the crazy 200% price increase!
I have cut down my LW sticks to 2 steppers and added a single-step web aider to each, as packing in the longer sticks was always a pita. I have used one of the stick "offcuts" as the post for the seat platform, I just needed to add a couple of SS washers as the post is only 1". I filled the hollow section with hickory to strengthen the smaller tubing but am a little concerned about bending the bolt that attaches the seat to the post as, with the smaller than ideal tubing, I feel there is a greater tendency for the bolt to bend. I am sure that some of you experienced guys must have tried this; if so, has it been a problem?

Please keep up the good work educating us greenhorns as no one person lives long enough to make all the mistakes himself.

RD

Welcome fellow citizen. I love BC and the west. I have considered moving to Alberta where I have family.
You are going to love saddle hunting.

Welcome! You’ve got to clue us in on the origin of your screen name “Red Dwarf”. I love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Red Dwarf is British Comedy Series that started in the late 80's. It is an acquired taste!

Thanks for the notes of welcome guys.

Reactions: MJH
Welcome. Love BC. Only been there once but, Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought we were only allowed to have one Canadian on the site. LOL Welcome it's always nice to have another saddle brother from the Great White North.

I never forgave my parents for moving our family to Ontario from BC...

Welcome aboard...

I think that’s one Canadian at a time....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back