• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone sweat a ton? (cold weather hunting problems)

DanielB89

I am wanting to go "all in" with my saddle hunting, BUT, I face a major problem. I sweat more than you can imagine.

My solution to my sweat with a stand is quite simple. Walk in wearing right next to nothing(this means on days in the 20's, I typically walk in wearing a pair of pants and a t-shirt. When I get to the base of my tree, I climb up (lock on or climber) and then sit down until I have began to get cold, then get dressed. Yes, I strip down to my skivies in the tree stand, I hope no on has seen me do this yet.. haha.

I just don't know how to incorporate this into saddle hunting. On 90% of my hunts, it wont matter as it isn't that cold here, but weekends like this coming weekend with lows in the 20's with double digit wind speeds, sweating can ruin a hunt quickly.

Anyone have a possible solution?

I am wanting to go "all in" with my saddle hunting, BUT, I face a major problem. I sweat more than you can imagine.

My solution to my sweat with a stand is quite simple. Walk in wearing right next to nothing(this means on days in the 20's, I typically walk in wearing a pair of pants and a t-shirt. When I get to the base of my tree, I climb up (lock on or climber) and then sit down until I have began to get cold, then get dressed. Yes, I strip down to my skivies in the tree stand, I hope no on has seen me do this yet.. haha.

I just don't know how to incorporate this into saddle hunting. On 90% of my hunts, it wont matter as it isn't that cold here, but weekends like this coming weekend with lows in the 20's with double digit wind speeds, sweating can ruin a hunt quickly.

Anyone have a possible solution?

Are you wearing wool base layers after you change At the base of the tree

Put your coat on in the tree after you cool down zip it up awhile after that. You can do that while wearing a saddle.
That is what I do. I try to walk in slowly too so I don’t sweat as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honestly, it is great advice! Crocs are without a doubt my shoe of choice. haha. I wish they'd make a shoe for every application in life. I am waiting on the croc rubber boots.

I truly enjoy @huck72412 contributions around here, whether comedic and/or knowledgeable posts. Also someone has to be the Ambassador of All Things Trophyline!

he did lead me to buying a couple trophyline saddles to try out. Honestly, they're great, but, I feel like I like the sit drag more only because of the simplicity of it. And, honestly, he was the only person to reply to a question I had asked. Had his number every since. He has taken a great deal off of my learning curve for saddle hunting!

Back