• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone use pants with integrated knee pads?

Just wondering if anyone has experience using First lite or Sitka pants with integrated knee pads? Instead of using the regular saddle type pads?

I have a few pair of the Sitka pants with integrated knee pads. It’s usually too cold to hunt in those where I whitetail hunt but I used the integrated knee pads in Hawaii occasionally. The only downside is wear/tear on the pant material on rough bark trees. There were a lot of slick bark trees in Hawaii but you’d shred pants pretty quick in a typical mixed hardwood stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the XKG Preacher pants from Kingscamo with the built in knee pads, and they have become my go to pants to low 30's. I haven't noticed any wear in the knee area, but I'm a leaner about 80%

Yes. I have made previous posts before about these pants and how well they work for saddle hunting. The pockets hold everything you need as well and you can easily wear base layers under them also.

You can go high dollar and wear the Crye Precision pants or get the Amazon nock offs and just replace if necessary.

I picked up a pair of first lite corrugate foundry pants for my colorado hunt this year and absolutely love them for saddle hunting. The knee pads that come with them are the only ones I use.

I wear my Sitka mountain pants with knee pads and they are better than nothing but too thin to be really comfortable

The first lite foundry paints are pretty sweet.
The foam is actually good quality hard foam, game changer for sure.

I have corrugate foundry pants with kneepads but don’t use them for saddle hunting since I use my knees a lot and don’t want to put that much wear on my nice pants. They take a beating but that’s a lot of concentrated abrasion on any fabric. The pads are great for scouting and turkey hunting for me though

Two pairs of Sitka mountain pants. Love em. I like the old style better. Bought them off of here and they’re my go to britches.

I’ve got a pair of Krypteks I use for turkey hunting. I’m sure they would work fine in a saddle also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitka mountain pants here. I'm a leaner so I dont need the knee pads once up the tree but for the climb they work really well. Work good for field quartering critters and sneakin on turkeys too.

I really liked a lot about the First Lite Corrugate Foundry Pants I received for Christmas this year, including the built-in kneepads, but I thought the face fabric was far too noisy (swishy, not really crinkly, if that makes sense) for me to keep them.

I really liked a lot about the First Lite Corrugate Foundry Pants I received for Christmas this year, including the built-in kneepads, but I thought the face fabric was far too noisy (swishy, not really crinkly, if that makes sense) for me to keep them.

Mine have softened and quieted dramatically with use but I agree on first blush they were loud

I much prefer a good set of external knee pads... Most integral-pad pants aren't warm enough for late season, and you can't really layer over them comfortably. I have a few sets (FL and Badlands) and I like them in warmer weather (after the foam has actually been broken it), but that will never be my direct-to-tree contact lol.

I’ve recently picked up some FL Corrugate Foundry pants and a been pleasantly surprised with how much I like the knee pads in general, even when not sitting in a saddle. I don’t know if I would want my $200 pants continually digging into tree bark all the time but they work pretty well IMO.

Back