• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Back band attachment ideas

Black Titan

Ended up picking up a cheap back band to see if I can make leaning a little more comfortable. Seems like it will do the job, but it has a strap that is a continuous loop that would clip in at my bridge to tether carabiner.

I'm looking for ways to improve this. I've seen a few things where people have loops on the side of the back band, and run some paracord directly to their bridge with a prusik, but can't find anything detailed.

I think I can cut these straps and sew some loops in the end of each strap, which would allow me to keep the adjustment at the strap, and also move it up and down the bridge for comfort. Just looking to see some detailed photos of how others have done it.

BT

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230927_122133_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230927_122133_Gallery.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 42
Basically prusik loops on the bridge with small s biners to attach back band. This is the best picture I can find at the moment. It’s how Aero Hunter used to do it. I personally dislike the bridge connection at the tether caribiner and run all of my saddles like in this pic.

IMG_2693.jpeg

Basically prusik loops on the bridge with small s biners to attach back band. This is the best picture I can find at the moment. It’s how Aero Hunter used to do it. I personally dislike the bridge connection at the tether caribiner and run all of my saddles like in this pic.

View attachment 91480

Thank you for the picture! That ended up being very helpful. I ended up cutting the strap in the very middle, and sewing loops in each end for an s biner. Tied some prusiks on my bridge and tried it out tonight. Loving the adjustability. I think I'll take some 6mm accessory cord and make a prusik loop though. Or maybe even paracord? What I used was some take offs from my bridge that came with the saddle. Its 9mm. My bridge is 11mm, so not sure if 6mm or paracord will dig in too much? I don't want it to slip but I also don't want it to dig in too much to my bridge, possibly damaging it if that's a possibility?

BT

Thank you for the picture! That ended up being very helpful. I ended up cutting the strap in the very middle, and sewing loops in each end for an s biner. Tied some prusiks on my bridge and tried it out tonight. Loving the adjustability. I think I'll take some 6mm accessory cord and make a prusik loop though. Or maybe even paracord? What I used was some take offs from my bridge that came with the saddle. Its 9mm. My bridge is 11mm, so not sure if 6mm or paracord will dig in too much? I don't want it to slip but I also don't want it to dig in too much to my bridge, possibly damaging it if that's a possibility?

BT

I use paracord. Your back band doesn’t support any real weight.

View attachment 91480
I love that the backband is inside out!

Now I’m moving away from bino pack in the saddle, but marsupial is easily strong enough to just hook the bottom molle webbing to something and lean into the bino pack harness.

I clip my backband right into my tether/bridge carabiner. It does its job and when a deer comes in the buckle on the left side of the backband I just press on and the belt slides through and it's loose and falls down to my saddle so I cam maneuver and shoot like normal.

I think tying the backband directly to your bridge would severely limit how much you can rotate left or right because your bridge now essentially has stops on it?

Back