• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bad news for YouTube Channels

Watch SeekOne's webshow with Flair. Nothing is set in stone at all and it is not an attack on "hunting" channels. The VP of youtube is involved and SeekOne is monetized again. Kinks will get worked out. No facts out yet.

they did demonetize a large number of popular channels with a firearms or 2nd amendment theme

google/youtube definitely wants to suppress certain content that they don't like

big tech is a horrible thing

they did demonetize a large number of popular channels with a firearms or 2nd amendment theme

google/youtube definitely wants to suppress certain content that they don't like

big tech is a horrible thing
I never said they didn’t demonetize people. Everyone wants to suppress everyone nowadays and can’t just let people enjoy their passion. What if I was offended by arts and crafts and homesteading? Would they wipe out those channels?! Nope. They will self calibrate hopefully and realize what kind of platform they are.

I never said they didn’t demonetize people. Everyone wants to suppress everyone nowadays and can’t just let people enjoy their passion. What if I was offended by arts and crafts and homesteading? Would they wipe out those channels?! Nope. They will self calibrate hopefully and realize what kind of platform they are.

it's going to take competition from other platforms that content creators use and that people watch

Last edited:
Yeah, they'll self calibrate the same way the rest of America is.....

I'm not one of the mods here but I just wanted to remind you guys to tread lightly on subjects like this. After all, this site is my safe space :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

tread lightly in raising a subject on a hunting forum about an all out war on our sport? Um…. Ok.

consider the irony of this being your happy place that you DONT want people talking about the war on the largest content provider of all of our happy places lol!!

tread lightly in raising a subject on a hunting forum about an all out war on our sport? Um…. Ok.

consider the irony of this being your happy place that you DONT want people talking about the war on the largest content provider of all of our happy places lol!!
Oh yeah. I forgot to put that in italics. It was sarcasm after all.

I'm just going to reiterate my quote in my signature line once again here. And it rings true today as much as it did in the past. As Americans, we need to constantly ensure that no one group (government, big tech, the "media" etc.) suppresses free thought and individual freedoms. "Whenever you find yourself always on the side of the majority, its time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain.

I'm not one of the mods here but I just wanted to remind you guys to tread lightly on subjects like this. After all, this site is my safe space :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
I'm fully aware that politics are banned on this site, but make no mistake...
Politics have invaded every aspect of our lives. Like it or not, politics will come knocking on your door, and when you refuse to answer, politics is gonna kick your door down.

Think of the demographics though, the content makes YouTube a pile of money as well. They’re not going to give up money just to please people.
YouTube made 19.7 billion dollars in 2020. They do not care one single bit about cutting out whatever topics they want to cut out.

We did see the thread on DNR sponsorship of THP get shut down (A little GA controversy...) It never got very hot.

Overall, I think the mods do a bang-up job. Sorry mods, that one was maybe over-moderated imo, I saw it as a hunting topic, rather than strictly "political".

I share this only to say, it's clear what forum content is most preferable and how they want to steer things. So, respectfully, we should be thoughtful and considerate. The mods will do their part, and have less to do if we can do our part.

YouTube made 19.7 billion dollars in 2020. They do not care one single bit about cutting out whatever topics they want to cut out.

yep, the hunting public is probably one of the top youtube hunting channels and only has 250,000 viewers

all hunting channels combined probably make youtube about as much cash as one of their top 10 channels on its own

Lol I agree but that’s what is great about saddle hunting, it’s the perfect blend of 2nd amendment and arts & crafts lol

I’m speaking for myself here, but I think the limits placed on this site are done to maintain this as a saddle hunting site and not have it deteriorate to the point that new folks interested in saddle hunting can’t come here and learn about saddles, and more importantly saddle safety, without the vitriol. There’s other forums you are probably already members of if you want to bitch and raise hell about the emotional topics.

Back