• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

bayou palooza 2019

i am just looking for some people who might be intersted for the 2019 season

ok hopefully we can get enough people an set a date

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

we cqn do it in any pqrt of the state i just want whats best for everyone

The time/date all depends on what you want to hunt, where you want hunt and what weapon you want to hunt with?
My camp is 23 miles from Hunters Bend campground in the Tensas. If the NWR is where you want to hunt then it has to be during the shorter deer season and around the lottery gun hunts. Pigs can be hunted until February 28 but I believe you have to use a rimfire rifle or shotgun with certain size shot. The same general regulations apply to hog hunting on Big Lake WMA and most others in the state. If everyone would decide to hunt the Tensas/Big Lake area for deer then I would be in for campfire therapy and dinner but will hunt my lease. If it becomes a after season hog hunt I would be in for whatever?

i would rather do it a late during deer season so you coukd shoot hog are deer

whats a good time for everyone

I made a vague attempt to set something like this up this year. Did not end up coming to fruition. Probably mostly because I'm not very good at planning these kinds of things. If I could make a suggestion it would be to set a time and date that is good for you and see how many people will commit. If you let me know when you're planning it and what you want to hunt I can let you know very quickly. I'm definitely down for hunting deer in the tensas, big lake area. I don't care about hunting Hogs. I honestly think hunting in North Louisiana would be most beneficial for those wanting to come from other states like Mississippi and Arkansas possibly from Texas. It looks like @I'mthere is down from Tennessee. Not to mention the northern part of the state has the best hunting. And a late rut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

so would the first weekend of jan.be good this coming season

Back