• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast Sticks Part II Raptor platform

Alaska at Heart

I was digging aorund the Hunting Beast site this morning and came across the Raptor platform that affixes to either the top or bottom of a Beast stick. Has anyone used this setup? I'm not looking at one-stick climbing at present, but thinking that adding one to the top of the 4th stick with an ROS would make a pretty lightweight and simple setup. Pros and cons?

I was digging aorund the Hunting Beast site this morning and came across the Raptor platform that affixes to either the top or bottom of a Beast stick. Has anyone used this setup? I'm not looking at one-stick climbing at present, but thinking that adding one to the top of the 4th stick with an ROS would make a pretty lightweight and simple setup. Pros and cons?

I have not used one but making it part of your ROS should work great.
I used the top of my stick when I used a ROS.
Screenshot_20220724-180645_Gallery.jpg

For that price point I would seriously consider an EWO Ultimate platform or an Out On A Limb Monarch to give you a bit more real estate with your ring of steps. A RDA Crows nest or an Out On A Limb Scout would be other considerations if you want to stay a bit smaller.

Disclaimer: I don't own Beast sticks, but was of the understanding that they have the same bolt pattern to support these other platforms and steps. I may have been misinformed.

Back