• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best buckle for diy saddle

20ftup

Well unfortunately I ordered all my material before I found out about this “secret saddle”. I ended finding an raptor buckle but it seems like it rattles to much for my liking. I need it to be fairly high load bearing because I’m using it as a riggers belt for Cain method also. Any input from other users?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well unfortunately I ordered all my material before I found out about this “secret saddle”. I ended finding an raptor buckle but it seems like it rattles to much for my liking. I need it to be fairly high load bearing because I’m using it as a riggers belt for Cain method also. Any input from other users?

I put belt loops in mine to accommodate any belt. I plan to use cain method with my riggers belt, but if i use spurs i will use linemans belt. Riggers belt is bigger and bulkier. The cobra rigger buckle is what i have on my belt

The kestrels buckle seems pretty quiet to me once it's connected. Tried it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m not a fan of the buckles on the kestrel, to bulky for my liking. I’m liking the looks of the austrialpin buckle. The female end is made from solid vs. others like the raptor where the female end is made of two thin pieces of metal riveted together causing a more rattle.

Curious what you end up with, don't have a kestrel, but I'm thinking about making a saddle as well!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Curious what you end up with, don't have a kestrel, but I'm thinking about making a saddle as well!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I’m going to try the austrialpin cobra. And just add webbing and fold it in thirds to stiffen it up and use that as the d ring part of the riggers belt, less metal.

I just don't get the seatbelt buckles. I want to copy the double through buckle from the BD alpine bod harness for mine but I can't find a source. About to just hack one off as it needs retired soon anyway.
Agreed, I've been looking for a climbing belt double back buckle.... Nothing

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Is it just two D rings?

No, one piece.
bf2b34b44c9f24b0263bd03ca769170b.jpg
61e16325d435cb3645ecd394a459fc41.jpg

I believe the have them at austrialpin. They have lots of cool buckles over there

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dang, thanks for that link, I'm with you, 1" seems sufficient to me, guess you could just make a bigger belt?
Can't do it, I need perfection! Haha, I might have to buy a harness with the right buckles and cut them off.

Back