• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best Lighted Nocks

I became a fan of Glorynocks last season. I like the more simple push button they use to turn off after a shot. Much easier, to me anyway, then pulling your nock out of the shaft. Especially if you nock tune your arrows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nocturnal nocks are the only ones I have experience with. They used to be a lot better than they are now. Sometime about the point they went to one size nock body and adapters to fit multiple shafts seems to me to be when the quality control went down. The old style where they made dedicated sizes to fit different shafts were much better, I could clean them off and reuse them many, many times. I've had the newer style not last past one use on a target in the yard.

If I buy some more before the season, I am tempted to try Luminoks.

I'll be interested to see what others have to say. Following.

I have Tried luminoc and nocturnal. The luminoc on a few arrows would not activate 100% of the time, since the whole noc slides in. Faster bow may help with that. I used the nocturnals last year. They seem kinda fragile as I broke a few. But no issues tunning. And always turned on.

Nocturnal. I shoot Easton Axis 5mm and the standard size in the multi use pack fits. I bought their tool for shutting them off and keep it in my pack. No issues so far been using them for several years now.

I have used nocturnal,luminoc, and NuFletch igniters. The igniters are by far my favorite! No tools needed. They are a not big and fat like the others, normal skinny nock. Cost effective, when the battery dies you just buy a pack of batteries. If you bust a nock, you can buy replacement nocks. The design helps prevent destroying the arrow shaft on Robin Hoods. Also indexable and you can take out the batteries when practicing. The battery and light are one piece, I left one in my pocket and ran it through the wash and it still worked.

I used Luminock for a while but had to many issues with then failing to light. On the recommendation of a friend, who's been using them for years, I switched to Firenocks and I absolutely love them. They always light up, are very easy to turn off and I really like the fact that all the elements are replaceable and available on the website. They are a little pricey but well worth it for their performance.

Wasp - Vesta. GREEN

Easy to turn off and very reliable at a good price point. They are available for multiple shaft sizes.

Regardless of which brand you purchase I think the lighted nocks are a must! Finding that arrow tells you so much! 20220325_203926.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Previous years I shot Lumenocks but just got tired of fighting to turn them on and off so last year I really tried to get firenocks to work in my 0.166 Day Six arrows. What a $%&*%$ expensive mess they are. I'll tell you straight up they are the brightest nock I've ever seen, but when you can only get 1 of 3 to work it's a problem. It's a 2 day installation process involving 5 or 6 steps, and if you don't nail one of the steps perfectly you'll find out later when they don't work. I ended up sending back all the parts/pieces I could and I did get a full refund. But now I'm stuck with all the bushings glued into 6 arrows (un-necessary tail weight), and 2 arrows that are unusable because a practice weight got stuck in the shaft between the bushings and practice nock and wont come out....and regular solid nocks hit the weight and wont seat all the way in! Soooo, buyer beware.

I will be ordering Nufletch Ignitors soon to practice with and see how they do......

Previous years I shot Lumenocks but just got tired of fighting to turn them on and off so last year I really tried to get firenocks to work in my 0.166 Day Six arrows. What a $%&*%$ expensive mess they are. I'll tell you straight up they are the brightest nock I've ever seen, but when you can only get 1 of 3 to work it's a problem. It's a 2 day installation process involving 5 or 6 steps, and if you don't nail one of the steps perfectly you'll find out later when they don't work. I ended up sending back all the parts/pieces I could and I did get a full refund. But now I'm stuck with all the bushings glued into 6 arrows (un-necessary tail weight), and 2 arrows that are unusable because a practice weight got stuck in the shaft between the bushings and practice nock and wont come out....and regular solid nocks hit the weight and wont seat all the way in! Soooo, buyer beware.

I will be ordering Nufletch Ignitors soon to practice with and see how they do......
They do require an insert to be glued in but they don’t weigh more than any other lighted nock and they are hassle free. You will love them. Tip: use bohning cool flex glue. That stuff is crap for point inserts but great for the NuFletch inserts. If I bust an arrow but the nock survives, I stick a bolt in it that fits loosely but sticks out a lot. Heat the bolt with my heat gun, let it drop out and get pliers on the insert and pull it out for a spare.

I keep hearing about good cheap knock offs on Amazon but i den never find them. Anybody out there know which ones?

I have used nocturnal,luminoc, and NuFletch igniters. The igniters are by far my favorite! No tools needed. They are a not big and fat like the others, normal skinny nock. Cost effective, when the battery dies you just buy a pack of batteries. If you bust a nock, you can buy replacement nocks. The design helps prevent destroying the arrow shaft on Robin Hoods. Also indexable and you can take out the batteries when practicing. The battery and light are one piece, I left one in my pocket and ran it through the wash and it still worked.
I had not had luck with a few of the big name lighted nocks. As somebody on here recommended trying the Nufletch Ignitors. I ended up buying a 5 pack on EBay for less then $30. I only installed one so far but really liking them. The red ones claim 15 continuous hours and the green claim 50 hours! I went with the green for now but I believe I can just buy the red battery inserts if I wanna give those a try

Last edited:
Please don't spend money on these.

Let me do it instead. ;)
Seriously, these are the best I've found/used. The ones I use are called E-arc.

those look great but I shoot x nocks and those have the wrong diameter. Any x nock knock offs anybody know of?

Gotta try Woody's Archery Starburst nocks.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

.166 arrows - lighted nocks don't work. You get nock flex, and I have literally had several explode from different manufacturers on the very first shot out of my bow. If you're lucky, you'll just get tuning issues (Higher poundage shooters anyways, I'm 70#). If you want to shoot a lighted nock, use a 5mm or larger arrow.

With that said, I've tried several. Firenock are well made, but expensive as hell and a PITA with the collars you have to glue in. I haven't had a nockturnal fail, and you use the previous season's "hunting" nocks for practice, and leave a new set on your hunting arrows. No reason to switch yet.

I’m a Nockturnal guy myself. Zero issues and use a safety pin to shut them off that is always attached to a zipper on my pack.

Gotta try Woody's Archery Starburst nocks.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Woody's look like the real deal, but as @Brendan mentioned the 0.166 have little tolerance for engineering so they don't really plan to go there. Any other sized shafts tho I'd definitely give them a try!

I bought 6 nocks and installation was easy...basically plug and play. Turning off...can you turn off a light switch? It's that simple...I love them.

Back