• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

beyond the saddle...

gabejessforster

What gear do you take in to the tree with you? I'm specifically looking for what type of pack to bring and how to deal with it when up there, what goes in the pack, etc. Any other accessories and whatnot?

Right now, I've got the aero hunter evolution, stepp ladder steps and my longbow. I know I'll need a few other things once I'm up there.

Last year I used a good sized fanny pack and once up in the tree I attached it around the tree just like around my waist but this year I ordered a Camo fly fishing vest off of Ebay that has enough pockets and pouches to hold my stuff and also made of Jersey type net material that will help with being cool during the walk in and out. I am also condensing what I carry in because I carry way to much junk:) This vest should work great with my Quidos Web and everything I need will be close to the "Vest" for easy access:)

If you will jump to the 5m 50s area of the video I go through all of my gear that I carried in the woods with me as of Jan 16
You can see how my gear has evolved, this video is from Dec of 13

Thanks,
Boswell

Last edited:
Thermacell and GPS for sure. Noodling an idea of an attachment ring for the thermacell. or some type of clip for it. Other than release that's about it. Don't need a pull rope since I carry it on my back as I climb. See my post on the See Your Setup thread for my pack idea that I am going to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No thermacell needed up here. An extra sweater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back