• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bow Holder ? (Left Handed)

Mag1

Hi guys, I am a wisconsin public land guy, so we are not supposed to screw anything into trees. Here is my dilema, I am trying to figure out a bow holder. I looked at the hero-clip option, but do not believe it will work for me. I have a LH bow, I keep my quiver on, so, what ever I use will need to keep the bow about 6" off the tree trunk. Any idea's?

I was thinking about trying to make something like a Coleman Lantern tree holder, but have not figured a way to make one that will fold up for packing in/out.

https://www.coleman.com/lantern-hanger/2000016497.html

Give me a couple of days...i just picked up aluminum to make an aluminum version of the holder in the thread red posted. Picked up U channel and 1/4 solid rod from Fleet Farm.

I have the same restrictions in Iowa. Hopefully I'll have pics up by the end of the weekend.

Sent from my LG-US701 using Tapatalk

Looks pretty good, but trying to go minimalist light weight. Thanks for posting it.

I found an interesting hanger. Depending on the set up, might get heavier or pretty pricy, but it’s a very neat concept. My thoughts are the strap on base and the claw hanger. Tying to see if they will sell the claw option without the added screw in screws

https://outrighthunt.com/morph-pro-bow-hanger-system/

If I hunted the same trees throughout the season, that would be seriously cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a start on what I'm thinking. Figured I'd post to give you a rough look. I need to adjust the hole so it will fold flat. I picked up the materials from Fleet Farm for around $10. The aluminum U and rod are 3+ ft so I have plenty of material to get it right.

I plan to use with a strap so i will cut slots through each side.
ba0d50ac1556cf3e5631a59e2c0362e0.jpg
3eba2be360c74e259c0c1751e5c84493.jpg
8daa983294128e8bff875aabbef5cd57.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow my boys give me a chance to get something a little closer to done. Once I shore up the setup I'll do a more informative post

I am left handed and leave my quiver on. I have no issues with my hero clip.....
db1f5542d59225e7f6abf11b832b3a02.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

My set up sticks out A little further. Thanks for the pic. Though.

“Skell”. I’ll be interested in how yours turns out. I have some ideas, may make something up during lunch at work this week. Sometimes you just need to see a couple of things to get the ideas rolling around in your head.

Everybody, thanks for your input. I really like the outrighthunting stuff, but I also like to try some diy stuff as well.

Getting closer...my 2 and 5 year old helpers are really dragging this project out.

Hardest part is drilling the hole in the correct locations. That was trial and error. I will be using the dremel to clean out the slot for a strap. I'm planning this for the bow and a couple of HME hooks for otger items.

This could be thrown together in an hour with any luck drilling holes. And the ability to do the project alone

I will do a full write up when complete.
4ccd99b9537819fec2c0c7d1d77ba334.jpg
c8ef3057d2d64344c52149b705ab1861.jpg
198394d2a3140fdd255a6c7c13cf7d03.jpg
4174a9de895d9d6710aade23b286c563.jpg

I should also add...I'm planning to cut down the arm a little, I just haven't decided how far. And I'm going to vet wrap the arm and camo tap the main body. Hopefully I'll be done and ready to fully show it off by Tuesday.

I am left handed and leave my quiver on. I have no issues with my hero clip.....
db1f5542d59225e7f6abf11b832b3a02.jpg

? On the cliptor. Is the hook portion rubber overmolded? Or is that just paint for the color? I take it that the bow will then just lean/ sit right up against the tree? I’m thinking mine would just sit slightly different.

? On the cliptor. Is the hook portion rubber overmolded? Or is that just paint for the color? I take it that the bow will then just lean/ sit right up against the tree? I’m thinking mine would just sit slightly different.
The tip is rubber. My bow twist just a little because the quiver, but yes it sits right against the tree. The clip can twist so I don't not have an issue at all. Oh, and mine is a heroclip. I think they are the exact same as a Cliptor, but I don't know that for sure.

Bummer you didnt leave some below the bolts. I would bend/flare 2 ears over to give it stability to rest on the tree. Ive made several home made types and if you cant get the strap crazy tight, they are gonna fold over on ya.

Back