• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bow holder while in a tree

eyedoc

Ok fellow saddle hunters. What are you using to hang your bow while in your saddle? I hunt on some public land that does. It allow screw in holders. If you can post what you use in this circumstance I would really appreciate it. Along with photos and links to what you may have used.

Thanks in advance!

Eyedoc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Grimloc D-rings from Amazon on a strap. They are lite, but strong.

Sent using Tapatalk

I'm using a daisy chain I made out of 2 pieces of webbing. I attach it with a bungee cord I made. My bow hanger is the Qlipter.

afea0ab403bee48ddce2156bba903924.jpg

86d4672b3a2fe56154d455a0f2511562.jpg

e87caa476004eddcd3f33bee33eac2a5.jpg

Depending on the tree I'm in I have a different methods. If I'm hung where I can't reach the trunk of the tree easily I clip the bow string into a biner that is on the belt if my harness. Most of the time I just use a piece of accessory with a stopper knot tied into one end and hang the bow off the knot.

I just use a length of paracord with a blakes hitch for adjustment, a grimlock, and a hook i bought at home depot. I also use a bent piece of aluminum that goes over my tether rope and has a hook bend in it sometimes too. res.jpg

the only thing better Alukban would be a stickbow hanging off those branches :)

I know right?! :)

I pretty much practice exclusively with Bear recurves. When I switch to the compound, it is stupid-easy. The thing is that I am probably only good to 15 yards max with my recurves so I'm not quite there yet :(

9E0630AD-EBDD-4C5D-BDED-E965B2B9AA18_zpssuesqxay.jpg

I know right?! :)

I pretty much practice exclusively with Bear recurves. When I switch to the compound, it is stupid-easy. The thing is that I am probably only good to 15 yards max with my recurves so I'm not quite there yet :(

9E0630AD-EBDD-4C5D-BDED-E965B2B9AA18_zpssuesqxay.jpg

Ditch the wheels brother, your almost there. :cool:

I hear ya...I neglected my shooting over the summer in favor of rock climbing and Spartan Races...My trad form is just starting to come back...heres how my groups have looked out of my custom recurve the last few mornings
15036419_10211144401951741_8437282203937790512_n_zpslmaswuyc.jpg

I'm using a daisy chain I made out of 2 pieces of webbing. I attach it with a bungee cord I made. My bow hanger is the Qlipter.

afea0ab403bee48ddce2156bba903924.jpg

86d4672b3a2fe56154d455a0f2511562.jpg

e87caa476004eddcd3f33bee33eac2a5.jpg

Thank you to everyone that responded.

G2, I really like this set up. I think I am going to do this but with 2 of the Qlipter hooks. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you to everyone that responded.

G2, I really like this set up. I think I am going to do this but with 2 of the Qlipter hooks. Thank you for sharing!

I love my Qlipter. Also, if you take one of the closures off a Nite Ize S-biner, it works REALLY well as a hanger.

Back