• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Building a platform

67elmustang

SH Member
I've been looking at ideas on platforms for the saddle and found online someone made a platform utilizing a Lone wolf Seat from a alpha .
Looks like I can purchase from lone Wolf all parts except the actual 1-1/4" square tubing post ,has anyone given this a try.

Were you thinking about using an Alpha Seat Kit, Replacement Belt, 2 V Brackets and add your own tube?
If you have climbing sticks, you should look at adding the seat to the top of a stick.

Getting into that kind of money, you should also look at the Handclimber seat and just figure out a way to cinch it tight at hunting height (haven't done it myself).

I almost did this.

My friend and I discussed the idea a while back. The only thing that stopped us was neither one of us wanted to spend $120+ on parts. We planned to have a v-bracket on bottom, an offset bracket on top, one (maybe two) versa-buttons and the seat platform.

No reason this couldn't be done though. It should make an incredible little platform.

Just need about a foot of 1.25" 6061 T6 aluminum square tube.

I've been looking for the lone wolf mini sticks to fabricate seat on,
Seems there as scarce as assassin

I now have 3 assassin's, just bought one from "saddleassassin". I absolutely love them. well worth the extra weight just for the comfort. it also makes it so much easier when adding and taking off extra layers on a all day sit.

Vita thanks for the tease,just picked up the lone wolf tree seat on AT.
Going to see how this works with my ameristeps.

67elmustang said:
I've been looking at ideas on platforms for the saddle and found online someone made a platform utilizing a Lone wolf Seat from a alpha .
Looks like I can purchase from lone Wolf all parts except the actual 1-1/4" square tubing post ,has anyone given this a try.
You found it online? You got a pic? I was think of doing something very simular. A pic would help my fabricator visualize what I had in mind.

Google image lone wolf tree saddle 21st picture,guys from trad gang forum and using 3 climb paws also.

I have some old alpha's that I've been meaning to upgrade the seats on. Looks like I can make some nice platforms. I just ordered 3 replacement seats. I'll continue to hunt out of my LW but intend to intergrate a saddle into my system.

1simplemann said:
I have some old alpha's that I've been meaning to upgrade the seats on. Looks like I can make some nice platforms. I just ordered 3 replacement seats. I'll continue to hunt out of my LW but intend to intergrate a saddle into my system.

Make sure you post pics!

redsquirrel said:
1simplemann said:

Make sure you post pics!
I would love to but I'm not that computer literate yet. The previous post has a pic. I'm going to try and copy that.

1simplemann said:
redsquirrel said:
1simplemann said:

Make sure you post pics!
I would love to but I'm not that computer literate yet. The previous post has a pic. I'm going to try and copy that.

lol ok. let me know if you need help :)

Just received the lone wolf tree seat from a AT member,going to give this a go with 4 ameristep.
I'll give some feedback.
I've read guys have tried this seat as a platform and had issues with side pressure for shooting.
Will see

67elmustang said:
I've read guys have tried this seat as a platform and had issues with side pressure for shooting.
Will see

That is my concern. In the few times I've used my hand climber seat to climb the tree with my saddle I still set up my ameristep platform cause I don't trust that seat if I step on the sides, I feel like it might slide out.

Back