• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Camo Form WE Steps How many Rolls?

Boomstick300

Really want to do this! I have 12 stepps... wondering how many rolls I would need? For those that already did this how do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't bother with camo form. Get some camo vet wrap tape. It's not as heavy duty but it will last a while and is way cheaper. I like it better than tape for applications that there will be wear and tear because it won't leave a sticky residue.
https://www.amazon.com/DROK-Camoufl...&qid=1540721820&sr=8-3&keywords=camo+vet+wrap

Perfect!!!! I also play hockey and pretty much put hockey tape on everything, but do want to avoid the “after stick”. Thanks so much!

Don't bother with camo form. Get some camo vet wrap tape. It's not as heavy duty but it will last a while and is way cheaper. I like it better than tape for applications that there will be wear and tear because it won't leave a sticky residue.
https://www.amazon.com/DROK-Camoufl...&qid=1540721820&sr=8-3&keywords=camo+vet+wrap

I put that stuff on all kinds of crap. It self adhering medical wrap. I believe they refer to it as coji band in the nursing world.

I did up an 8 pack with CamoForm and it took about 3 rolls. Pretty darn expensive and really added a little too much bulk to the Stepps. In hindsight I would go the elastic medical tape route. Much better option in my opinion. I have used it on other gear and it works great. Tractor Supply even sells it in camo.

I did up an 8 pack with CamoForm and it took about 3 rolls. Pretty darn expensive and really added a little too much bulk to the Stepps. In hindsight I would go the elastic medical tape route. Much better option in my opinion. I have used it on other gear and it works great. Tractor Supply even sells it in camo.

Yeah but it’s not as tough and doesn’t last as long. Just got to stretch it out and don’t over lap much to reduce bulk.

Yeah but it’s not as tough and doesn’t last as long. Just got to stretch it out and don’t over lap much to reduce bulk.
I wouldn't wrap any part of the Stepp that my feet touch so it should last a long time. Also don't wrap where you tie the knot because it makes it way harder to untie. The cost factor is huge. I can buy 5-6 rolls of elastic medical tape compared to one roll of CamoForm plus since it stretches coverage with one roll is much more.

I wouldn't wrap any part of the Stepp that my feet touch so it should last a long time. Also don't wrap where you tie the knot because it makes it way harder to untie. The cost factor is huge. I can buy 5-6 rolls of elastic medical tape compared to one roll of CamoForm plus since it stretches coverage with one roll is much more.
Either will work.
I have both camo form and the tractor supply vet wrap. There seems to be a lot more on a camo form roll and it stretches just the same, just made from stronger fibers. I find it on eBay about half the price I could get it at academy. The vet wrap is still cheaper but it’s made a lot cheaper. I like to have it where my feet are except at the knot because it stops the rubber boot squeak and gives some grip.

Back