• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Canon G20 Settings

putt4doe

Vendor Rep
For those of you that are running the g20 to self film, what frame rate have you found to be the best?

I'm thinking the 60i in MXP would be best, but I'm worried about slow motion on an arrow with interlaced frames. Any input would be helpful! Thanks!!

Try the 60i mode out and slow some footage down to see how it looks. I doubt you will be able to go below 70% speed without it looking choppy. I find that 75% is about as low as I can go on 30fps footage and keep it smooth. 60p can go down to 50% and maybe even a tad lower and still look smooth. I'd try each setting out and see what you like best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try the 60i mode out and slow some footage down to see how it looks. I doubt you will be able to go below 70% speed without it looking choppy. I find that 75% is about as low as I can go on 30fps footage and keep it smooth. 60p can go down to 50% and maybe even a tad lower and still look smooth. I'd try each setting out and see what you like best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply!! I'll play around with it and try to figure out what's best

I envy those who self film...It gets busy enough for me just to prep for the shot...no way could I do it..

Back