• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cheap tree harness.

DIYSaddler

Hey I've seen a few people buying harnesses for over $70 just so they can have d-loops. So a friend of mine ran across this the other day and I thought this might be of interest around here. I would think you could take a pair of bolt cutters to the d-loops and replace them with webbing instead. It's going for $64.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rock-Climbi...523040?hash=item41b79ef860:g:kCMAAOSwo4pYJzY0
s-l1600.jpg

If you could show me the same thing coming from a reputable company and retailer in the US, I'd be interested. Buy I don't trust it shipping from China on ebay...

I went with the Black Diamond Momentum and webbing loops.

Sent using Tapatalk

My concern is with quality control from china without a US company or retailer to at least hold them to a standard.
We were talking about that, and when it gets here we are going to put 250lbs in it and give it a few good drop tests.

We were talking about that, and when it gets here we are going to put 250lbs in it and give it a few good drop tests.
That one might be fine. I'm just so concerned with the lack of QC on the stuff from china that I don't think it would guarantee the next one was ok. Can you tell I don't trust the stuff from China? lol.

That one might be fine. I'm just so concerned with the lack of QC on the stuff from china that I don't think it would guarantee the next one was ok. Can you tell I don't trust the stuff from China? lol.
Hey Red, are you sure you don't trust stuff from China? ;)

it looks like it holds that guy in the pic just fine :sunglasses: I am pretty sure that I'd be replacing that bridge though. Saving the .04 usd on the thread quality might be big to them.

Looks pretty nice in the picture. I like inexpensive, but quality control does cost money. I can't grasp the idea of risking harness failure in the tree at 25 feet.

Back