• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing sticks!!!! new lighter and u get 4 30"

ArrowSmith

Just an FYI out there I hunt public land and a few spots that most people don't want u putting tree steps in. Sacred trees here in western Maryland I guess) hard to get spots so I have to get up the tree somehow. I have Lone wolfs and Muddy sticks but I am always looking for a better stick, X-stand has some new sticks already on backorder but available soon called the MANTIS they are super light, have steps that fold against the sticks, steps on both sides and they look awesome. They attach like lone wolfs do and u get 4 in the box.....4x 30" + strap or rope on bottom and I will be able to get up there.seem well made weigh 2.5# each. They also have another option that fits the bill also but a little bit heavier and same as others out there. Check out the MANTIS sticks and tell me what u think! Thanks Arrowsmith

http://www.x-stand.com/index.html
[youtube]eQERtYlbYYc[/youtube]

Unless I am looking at their old version of the Mantis (I don't see that they fold in the picture), what do you think the big advantage of these is? Price? They look to be the same weight as the lone wolf sticks and 2 inches shorter. Post a link if you can.

ArrowSmith said:
I stand corrected sorry must have got confused????? :roll:

No problem! The price is better than the lone wolf's so they look like a viable alternative!

Back