• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

climbpaws

the turkey guy

The best way to get up on a moible setup are climbpaws used them for year. Most times I can get up in 5 minutes to 30 feet with them. Rod is a saddle nut. Rod is the ower of climbpaws,This could be a real cool site I going to pass on the word. My name is Rob pade worked with Trophyline for years. i will Start watch here a fair bit Cheers my fellow cult members rob.

Hey Rob, welcome to the site! Tell Rod to come on over as well!

The biggest complaint I have heard about climbpaws are the bulk for carrying them in. What are your thoughts on this?

no I love them I put a dozen around my neck or shoulder and up I go. The other thing is they disapper. but the best is I have land owner let hunt just because i use them and no damage to trees . have you tryed them.

No, I haven't tried them, but you are convincing me that I need to. It can be hard to filter through what you read online about saddle hunting and climbing because someone can't always give a helpful opinion on these methods until they have committed to them and really tested them.

My current portable hunting methods are 5 lone wolf sticks + either strap on ameristeps or cranford screw ins, all cranford screw ins, or cranford rope steps.

How much do the climb paws weight?

I have to say I am intrigued, and its not just because I love Maine and I know thats where they originated :lol:

I have been usin the climb paws as well an I like them, there light and very silent, I may cut the straps on mine as I don't use big trees with my saddle.

For you climb paw guys what is the your best way to climb, I tried throwing them over my neck and do not like that at all I ended up using a back pack with one shoulder strap to carry them and it works pretty good but as always looking for the next better way. I am thinking of using three lone wolf mini with a strap on each.

I use climbing paws. Carry in over my neck. I'm not very fast with them though.
I'm thinking about putting 3 or 4 on a ratchet strap for a platform. Any one ever try that?

The thing I didn't like about the climb paws was carrying them and the setup time (getting that strap into the cam buckle can be a pain with gloves on). It's much easier and faster to climb with sticks, and they're not that much heavier either.

jhicks54 said:
The thing I didn't like about the climb paws was carrying them and the setup time (getting that strap into the cam buckle can be a pain with gloves on). It's much easier and faster to climb with sticks, and they're not that much heavier either.

Welcome to the site jhicks54! :cool:

I just wanted to say that I have a set of Climb Paws that I have been using to replace my step ladder for Aero testing. While I don't have experience with other methods for ascending other than my tree climbing methods, I like a lot of things about them. I really like them on thin trees.

I have some ideas about a pack for them that allows for easy deployment. Right now I only have thoughts that I have not explored to see if my initial idea is feasible. I am waiting for some free time to take a crack at it. Thank you Rob Pade for the Climb Paws!

1saddleguy said:
I just wanted to say that I have a set of Climb Paws that I have been using to replace my step ladder for Aero testing. While I don't have experience with other methods for ascending other than my tree climbing methods, I like a lot of things about them. I really like them on thin trees.

I have some ideas about a pack for them that allows for easy deployment. Right now I only have thoughts that I have not explored to see if my initial idea is feasible. I am waiting for some free time to take a crack at it. Thank you Rob Pade for the Climb Paws!

Can't wait to see how everything pans out. Feel free to bounce any ideas off of us!

I have a friend who has diabetes and it made the bones in his foot real weak, he had to have his foot reconstructed, almost lost his foot. He has pretty much accepted the fact he will hunt on the ground forever because tree steps and ladders would put a lot of stress on the foot. I told him about the climb paws because it looks like you would have 3 points of contact on you foot which would be less stress. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Is anyone stringing several climb paws on one strap for a platform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to hear about this too.
I was getting a pair of Top Paws just to try out but after seeing the Center Over Buckle thread here I went with Ameristeps instead.

I love the idea of the added contact surface for your feet but I really like to keep Bulk to a minimum.

I use climb paws and also had a problem fishing the strap through the buckle. My solution was to spread epoxy over the last 2in. of the buckle and clamp between two plastic covered boards. When epoxy sets sand smooth,round the end and use. This will help you fish the strap through the buckle even in the dark. You will find this awsome.

Are you string several on one strap to use as a platform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I strung several together as a platform. It worked ok, but it was too bulky to carry and kind of a PITA to setup. I switched back to my Ameristeps.

Thanks G2, I know what I'll do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back