• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cold weather saddle hunting bibs???? First Lite, Sitka???

Best 10-35 deg saddle hunting bib or pants

• Sitka Finatic Lite bib

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Sitka Finatic Bib

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • First Lite Catalyst bib

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First Lite Solitude bib

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Sitka Timberline pants

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Juengels24

Looking for input from those of you who have saddle hunted sub 30 deg weather. I hunt in northern UP of Michigan and tend to hunt down into the low 20’s and teens quite often. Looking for input on the best colder weather saddle hunt in bibs. I want to be able to put them on, put my mantis saddle on over and walk in. I do layer with base layers.

Possible bibs:
1) First Lite solitude bibs
2) First Lite Catalyst bibs
3) Sitka fanatic bibs
4) Sitka fanatic lite bibs
5) Sitka timberline??? Don’t look very warm

Anyone use any of these already? Anyone have better options for saddle hunting pants?

Looking for input from those of you who have saddle hunted sub 30 deg weather. I hunt in northern UP of Michigan and tend to hunt down into the low 20’s and teens quite often. Looking for input on the best colder weather saddle hunt in bibs. I want to be able to put them on, put my mantis saddle on over and walk in. I do layer with base layers.

Possible bibs:
1) First Lite solitude bibs
2) First Lite Catalyst bibs
3) Sitka fanatic bibs
4) Sitka fanatic lite bibs
5) Sitka timberline??? Don’t look very warm

Anyone use any of these already? Anyone have better options for saddle hunting pants?

First lite solitude bibs
Super warm with my one base layer

What size do u wear normally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally wear a XL. Those are my top pick right now. How do they fit under a saddle? Still comfortable?

The only one that has wind protection is the fanatic. Solitude is worthless with winds higher than 10mph. Cuts tight through

1) First Lite solitude bibs- love 'em
Not wind proof...never had an issue, but I can't remember any super windy days. Only have had them on 6 times or so.....I kinda like the cold tho

I have Sitka Stratus pants, and with a layer or sometimes two of merino wool, I’ve been great down to the low teens.
as others have said, windstopper is a must for me.

I never have a problem with my legs getting cold so spending big money on bibs has never been on my radar. Cheap bibs work well for me. I usually don't wear bibs unless its in the single digits.

I have the sanctuary bibs. They are awesome. I walk through thick stuff often and they have held up very well for 2 seasons.
I have hunted into the upper 20s with just my undies on below them and all the way up to the low 50s and was always comfortable. The vents are awesome for staying cool when walking in and higher temps. I always wear a saddle in over them.

I don’t ever carry them in, but they are pretty bulky to pack.

Very true.

Being tall I have enjoyed bibs because most coats don’t come down far enough/pants high enough. And when I sit in a stand or in a saddle I tend to have a spot where warmth exits and cold enters.....

Back