• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cruzr saddle slipping down waist

Napali

Can anyone help with this issue of the saddle slipping down either walking or not staying where you tighten the waist down. I have cinched it at tight as I can get but it always seems to slide down. I'm not sure if it is the material they use on the waist strap or the buckles but it is very comfortable while hunting but I actually had it start to slide down when I was climbing down yesterday when i started to place a climbing stick on either side. I use EWO ultralight sticks so there is very little weight being added. I know I can put it on when I get to the tree but still had the issue yesterday so I need some help resolving this.

@always89y has you back. You will forget it's on.

@always89y has you back. You will forget it's on.
How quickly can they ship and is there another way of shipping than standard rate

Normal suspenders work as well. I’d say backwoods mobile gear would be a little better. I use the first lite suspenders and they work fine.

A couple thoughts: 1. I have the Cruzr and had an issue with the Cobra buckle losing its position; contacted the company and they sent me a triglide to add to the strap behind the buckle which has worked, 2. I have taken my linesman belt while attached to my saddle and thrown it behind my neck then adjusted the length so that it acts as suspenders. Has worked really well when walking with a loaded saddle. Good luck.

A couple thoughts: 1. I have the Cruzr and had an issue with the Cobra buckle losing its position; contacted the company and they sent me a triglide to add to the strap behind the buckle which has worked, 2. I have taken my linesman belt while attached to my saddle and thrown it behind my neck then adjusted the length so that it acts as suspenders. Has worked really well when walking with a loaded saddle. Good luck.
The lineman's belt is a good idea but it still does not solve adding weight when you climb up or down with sticks/saddle. I am going with suspenders and which is much easier than going to the gym. My workouts are up and down the hills. Thanks for the suggestions.

How quickly can they ship and is there another way of shipping than standard rate
Message always89y and he can let you know what the lead time is. I ordered mine a while ago. I tried a pair of perrys suspendors I use at work. They kept coming off, and they are stretchy. So even with some stuff on my saddle they sagged a bit. I haven't tried any other ones yet. But I forget I have these on, so haven't looked anywhere else.

We are at a 2 week turn around brother, but would love to make you one.

In the meantime, have you tried walking in with your bridge over your neck? Fully extend the bridge, loop it over your head.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We are at a 2 week turn around brother, but would love to make you one.

In the meantime, have you tried walking in with your bridge over your neck? Fully extend the bridge, loop it over your head.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks I am going to try that. Let me see if using suspenders work. I'll get back with you after my next hunt.

I use Duluth trading company’s suspenders on mine, they’re a permanent part of my saddle now. Wouldn’t walk to the tree in my backyard without them.

Look at melotough tactical suspenders on Amazon. $19. Comes with clips to connect to your saddle

I have been leaving my waist belt slightly loose, but tighten the bridge like a belt when walking and tuck the extra into the waist belt.

Can anyone help with this issue of the saddle slipping down either walking or not staying where you tighten the waist down. I have cinched it at tight as I can get but it always seems to slide down. I'm not sure if it is the material they use on the waist strap or the buckles but it is very comfortable while hunting but I actually had it start to slide down when I was climbing down yesterday when i started to place a climbing stick on either side. I use EWO ultralight sticks so there is very little weight being added. I know I can put it on when I get to the tree but still had the issue yesterday so I need some help resolving this.
If you have the adjustable bridge like is on mine, cinch that up when walking in and that’ll act like an extra belt for you.

Back