• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

D-Day Ceremony

Peterk1234

Absolutely nothing to do with saddle hunting, so I apologize for the off topic post...................

Not much brings tears to my eyes. Seeing those men that are still alive sure did though. Without a doubt the greatest men this country has ever seen. There will never be a generation like that again. True believers in freedom. I am humbled, honored and grateful. They are the reason I am here today. Thank you.

President Trump did a great job. No speeches, no lectures; just honored our heroes. Well done sir.

Watched it myself - so much we owe those men and women.

I got the chance to go to Normandy last May. It's one thing to see the movies and shows about what those men did, but standing on the beach at low tide and seeing what they had to accomplish in complete view of the germans was humbling 74 years later let alone on that day. It was absolutely unbelievable what they accomplished under those conditions and those fellas deserve much more than they have ever received for it. God bless everyone of them and I pray they understand just how much our country owes them to this day for what they did.

Last edited:
Back