• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Damaged my Bridge

Businsky

I’ve had my Tethrd menace saddle for a few months, haven’t had a chance to hunt out of it yet obviously, but I set up a practice spot out behind my house. Last year I shot a 9 point from my sons Mantis saddle so I thought I should get my own. Anyways, while practicing I caught my bridge on my Hawk climbing stick and it cut one of the threads. I’m pretty sure your gonna tell me to replace it, but I’m not sure where to get one as I don’t think Tethrd sells them. I guess my options are make one or I know Cruze sells an adjustable bridge. Not sure if anyone has any history with that one or not. Any help would be appreciated. Picture below. It still seems sturdy, but it is the most important part of the saddle.

That could be the bury from the amsteel thread. My buddy had a menace and his bridge looks that way too. I told him just replace it just in case. That’s what I’d do.

In my opinion, totally fine that way. I wouldn't give it another thought, unless in use it starts fraying and unwinding. If not, is fine.

If you did want to replace it, that's just amsteel. You can find instructions on how to recreate that bridge, switch to a webbing bridge, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

you sure thats not the "bury" stickin back out? i know you said you cut it so im not saying thats what it is. hard to tell without seeing the whole bridge

In my opinion, totally fine that way. I wouldn't give it another thought, unless in use it starts fraying and unwinding. If not, is fine.

If you did want to replace it, that's just amsteel. You can find instructions on how to recreate that bridge, switch to a webbing bridge, etc.

amen. Good to learn how to work with amsteel anyways. or maybe its a curse and a rabbithole you dont wanna go down i dunno.

I did email Tethrd, but I got it caught and Thought I cut it, but I guess it could be the bury. I did order the one from Cruzr. For $30 I figured it was easier and same price as making one, but I have spliced Amsteel before. I may send it back, idk. Gonna see what it looks like.

Plus I know that stuff is not easy to cut. It wasn’t like it was a knife. Idk.

They all do that. Like the others said. Just the bury attempting to escape one strand at a time. Climb on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would think if you cut it, you would have two strands hanging out....
We’ll there were two. One worked back in. I didn’t physically see it cut. I felt it snag on the hawk step which was sharp, but I’m not sure it was sharp enough to actually cut it. I assumed it cut it, but it also makes sense that i was seeing the strands from both ends since it was in the middle. I heard from Tethrd today and they basically said the same thing as everyone else.

Get a rounded probe, like the end of a knitting needle, and compress (scrunch up to open it) the amsteel and poke and look around with a magnifier and good light. If you've spliced before and done buries, then you should be able to tell. Also, count the outer strands there and elsewhere. Amsteel is hollow and has no inner, hidden strands. They are all on the outside like Chinese finger trap toy.

Last edited:
Back