• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Distance between last step and platform

20ftup

I’m trying to envision how some guy can gain 3 ft safely from last step to platform. I also had a thought about tying a loop at the end of my tether and using it has a foot loop aider it a spot to hook up knaider for extra distance my I would still be hooked up to my lineman’s belt and bridge attached to tether will this work or is there something I’m not seeing? I have any sticks or stepps to try this yet stepps are on their way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could gain 3 feet from last step to platform with the redsquirrel aider.

I plan to use the RS aider along with my wild edge! I left my steps in the tree after I shot a doe. I don’t use an aider to climb down if I’m leaving the steps on the tree but this time I left my WE aider at hunting height. So when I came back I used your aider idea ... simple and easy. Well done from the man who birthed SaddleHunter.com

Hmmmm.... now I need to search the red squirrel aider.

Shouldn't we be stepping down onto the platform instead of up to it? That's just what I've always heard. I haven't done this before (always used climbers) but figured saddle hunters would just have their platform or steps on the same level as the top climbing stick.

Shouldn't we be stepping down onto the platform instead of up to it? That's just what I've always heard. I haven't done this before (always used climbers) but figured saddle hunters would just have their platform or steps on the same level as the top climbing stick.

For me with a ring of steps, I step up. I stand on the bottom step of my last stick and set them about 24” above the top step then finish my climb.

Are you already tethered at that point, and just adjust your tether up a bit once you're on the ring?

You can also set your platform even with your last step then you have an additional place to put your foot as you maneuver around the tree. I will be doing that this year with bolts and the predator platform

Back