• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY versa buttons

Im lucky my local shop carries buttons, v brackets, etc on the shelf. If you have a local shop that sells LW, they should be able to order what you want and eliminate or at least cut the shipping cost.

kenn1320 said:
Im lucky my local shop carries buttons, v brackets, etc on the shelf. If you have a local shop that sells LW, they should be able to order what you want and eliminate or at least cut the shipping cost.
That's a good idea. I don't go to shops for the most part anymore though lol. The only one I like locally is about an hour away. So I just order online and DIY anymore. I don't mind paying for them if I go that route. I'm more interested because if I DIY then I can customize it it exactly how I want. Just will want to make sure they are safe.

Red, not sure what you intend to do with diy versa buttons, but those dual buttons scare me.

This may be obvious to you already, but don't want to see anyone get hurt.

The way the lonewolf versa button works is the opposing forces equal out the pressure. One button with both ends of the strap attached to it is the way to go.

You could use nothing more than a grade 8 bolt as a versa button...the "plastic button" has nothing to do with safety, it just holds the straps in place while they're loose. Once the straps are tight, they aren't slipping off. That being said, those versa-buttons those guys made are perfectly fine, it's the second application I don't like. I wouldn't trust the tube they are bolted to with force from only one direction.

The first example was ok as a stabilizer strap on the lower portion of a stand, keeping it from kicking out....great idea actually, but that second guy hanging the stand like that...I don't know. I'm not a fan of that idea.

Both of my home-made platforms have versa buttons. One using the actual button from LW and this one that we made (hopefully you can see it):

Poking around on here now, some of you guys have come up with some amazing ideas too. All my stuff seems so crude now. lol

Matty said:
Red, not sure what you intend to do with diy versa buttons, but those dual buttons scare me.

This may be obvious to you already, but don't want to see anyone get hurt.

The way the lonewolf versa button works is the opposing forces equal out the pressure. One button with both ends of the strap attached to it is the way to go.

You could use nothing more than a grade 8 bolt as a versa button...the "plastic button" has nothing to do with safety, it just holds the straps in place while they're loose. Once the straps are tight, they aren't slipping off. That being said, those versa-buttons those guys made are perfectly fine, it's the second application I don't like. I wouldn't trust the tube they are bolted to with force from only one direction.

The first example was ok as a stabilizer strap on the lower portion of a stand, keeping it from kicking out....great idea actually, but that second guy hanging the stand like that...I don't know. I'm not a fan of that idea.

Both of my home-made platforms have versa buttons. One using the actual button from LW and this one that we made (hopefully you can see it):

Poking around on here now, some of you guys have come up with some amazing ideas too. All my stuff seems so crude now. lol

Not crude at all, I love this little platform. I may have my cousin (master welder) fab me one up in aluminum.

Thanks for your concerns Matty. Safety is always first. :D I am only looking on using a custom versa button to be used in the same way as the original, just to my own dimensions so I'm not worried about the way that guy was doing it.

Back