• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

EVO Leg Straps

red2delta

No matter how many adjustments I make tot he evolution, (other than obviously loosening the leg straps all the way out) I always get the leg straps riding up into my crotch.
What kind of modifications have people done for this? I am toying with the idea of removing the leg straps from the paws and having them simply wrap around the leg like a RC harness. Thoughts?

I observed that the Kestrel is setup this way, so eventually i plan to acquire a Kestrel. But for now, I use the evolution. Thanks

Have you tried adjusting how far the seat can move from the waistbelt in the back of the saddle? It might be here where it is pulling it up so if you loosen it up it may help. I always started with my leg straps loose and then tightened them up so they were just putting pressure under my legs.

Have you tried adjusting how far the seat can move from the waistbelt in the back of the saddle? It might be here where it is pulling it up so if you loosen it up it may help. I always started with my leg straps loose and then tightened them up so they were just putting pressure under my legs.

Yeah, I messed with all that a while ago. The "saddle" portion fits perfectly where is should be, if it goes any lower it sits int he middle of my cheeks and is uncomfortable. Maybe i will try and play with that some more tho. Just curious if anyone has removed the straps before. I am more of a leaner so that has something to do with it. Plus i am a rather slender man so its easy for the saddle to slide up and and down.

I just keep staring at this kestrel, hoping $225 will jump into my pocket somehow lol

adjusting how far the seat can move from the waistbelt in the back of the saddle
I adjusted the two straps in the back all the way out. This moved the seat more underneath and the waistbelt up like a lower backrest. Ended up sitting instead of leaning and the leg straps don't ride up.

I couldn’t deal with the leg straps either. I felt like I tried everything short of modifying the saddle. I don’t think it’s a good saddle for leaning. Sit drag and rock harness work way better for me. Plus it’s a lighter, more packable, and simpler setup. I was gonna get the kestrel for the same issue but I tried the sit drag first and liked it so much I figured why bother.

Before you cut them off try crossing them. Left strap to right buckle and so on. I had similar issues before this, it seemed to help a lot. I too am looking into a kestrel only to reduce weight. I find comfort perfect after it is dialed in. All day sits are no problem, sitting and leaning. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I adjusted the two straps in the back all the way out. This moved the seat more underneath and the waistbelt up like a lower backrest. Ended up sitting instead of leaning and the leg straps don't ride up.

I will give this another try, but I remember doing it once before and it just didn't work out for me.

Before you cut them off try crossing them. Left strap to right buckle and so on. I had similar issues before this, it seemed to help a lot. I too am looking into a kestrel only to reduce weight. I find comfort perfect after it is dialed in. All day sits are no problem, sitting and leaning. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. I may give this a try as well, didn't think about that. Thank You

I have not cut them off, nor do i plan to. At the very least i will have them strap around my thighs like a standard climbing harness fits.

Back