• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Experienced tethrd Guys

Reamer93

I'm going to be new to the saddle hunting game. I would like to purchase a Mantis saddle package with a platform. Never dealt with backordered stuff. Would I get everything I ordered if payed for it or is it a gamble? Is the tethrd website safe online shopping wise? If anyone could help with these questions that would be great!

I would have no reservations about Tethrd. The 2 guys that started it are stand up guys. They have experienced hiccups on the manufacturing side of things but nothing that makes scared of them long term. If you are scared of the site just use PayPal to pay.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I couldn't recommend them more. The manufacturing issue is something they are correcting. There is still a possibility of not getting your entire order right away. However they are nearly caught up and should have everything in stock pretty soon. I wouldn't buy from anyone else. Made in the USA and run by a great group of people. If you dont get everything at once they will make sure it gets to you one way or another. It's already pretty late in the season so I would do some research on everything saddle related. Mainly figuring out your climbing method. Tethrd is great because it's one stop shopping. You can literally buy everything you need. (Except climbing stuff)

Check out how to build a fleece saddle on this forum. There's alot out there. That's what I did and practiced low level shooting to see if the saddle would even be a good fit. My fleece saddle felt great (thanks DaveT). The second I got my mantis my mind was blown. It's clear that they know what they are doing. It's a great product and WAY more comfortable than a DIY option in my opinion.

I would buy the total package from Tethrd...buy once, cry once and you'll be set for a VERY long time.

The website is very safe in my experience. You could also email them and ask to place an order over the phone if you feel more comfortable that route.

No problem, I'm also new to it. This is my very first season. I did a TON of research before I made the investment. I couldn't be happier with tethrd and this new style of hunting is going to be sweet. You'll be amazed and how light weight and efficient the saddle is. The ability to shoot in 360 degrees (with practice) will be a game changer. Even a newbie will open up a HUGE range of motion with ease.

WELL worth the wait...they will take care of u.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@g2outdoors I believe it's going to be worth the wait from what I've watched and researched it will be a great investment! You can't rush a very well made product!

You may have to wait for stuff until they get caught up but Tethrd is legit and their sales software works fine. I have the Mantis and it is very well constructed. Same for the rest of the sewn accessories. I don’t have a Predator so won’t comment on it.

It's not a gamble. If you ever feel like the wait is too long, just let us know and we'll give a full refund no questions asked. We're working hard to get caught up, but we're still behind.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.
Did you guys send out an update this past week? Wasn't sure if I missed it or if you're just trying to get caught up. It was a good idea though to curb some of the emails. I really like the Mantis so far. Looking forward to getting all of the other fixins in for it and putting it to the test.

Also, I saw Firstlite has a little video on youtube where the guy is hunting out of a saddle. Sort of neat I thought.

Did you guys send out an update this past week? Wasn't sure if I missed it or if you're just trying to get caught up. It was a good idea though to curb some of the emails. I really like the Mantis so far. Looking forward to getting all of the other fixins in for it and putting it to the test.

Also, I saw Firstlite has a little video on youtube where the guy is hunting out of a saddle. Sort of neat I thought.
There was another thread on that. That is own own @putt4doe.

That is truly amazing. I know how it feels to donate 1 deer to hunters share harvest in PA... thumbs up

@putt4doe Is that what you do for a living? Deer control

Man, I wish!

No, when I’m not dulling broadheads or dangling from a saddle, I’m building houses. I actually do a fair amount of work in the tree, which is pretty awesome!

Back