• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First saddle opinions

Which one would be better

• Guidos web

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Aero evolution

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WMA hunter

After reading allot of your threads and information online, I have narrowed my choices to the guidos web and the aero evolution. Right now I am leaning towards the web. I know there is allot of information on here about both but for a first saddle I would like to hear some direct comparisons and thoughts on which would be better. I am leaning guidos due to all day sit comfort but have switched my thoughts a few times in the last 24 hours.

I would figure in the temps of the locations you will be hunting also. Other than that what Justsomedude said^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in Alabama, so it is pretty warm but I mostly gun hunt in January so heat is rarely an issue. I do often sit for 10 hours or more. I don't plan on this being my only saddle long term and was thinking that getting the web now and letting the new aero come out may be smart.

Well I voted for the aero hunter but if you are going to get both, you should get the web now cause he is only making them until the end of the year.

Trophyline!!!! My bad, I didn't read the question thoroughly enough. Ok Trophyline!!!!

Last edited:
It really comes down to what you are willing to carry and how long you want to sit. I'm more of a 3-4 hours at a time guy. And when I'm taking 'breaks' I set up on the ground in front of a tree

Guido will be hard(er) to get later. Aero will be around for a while

Thanks for the help. I ordered the web. I am anxious to try it out and then see the new aero hunter also. I hunt mostly public land here in bana and thought of trying a strap on step first for mobility and ease of setup on the run. I typically hunt 25-35 foot in a climber though so that would be allot of steps.

I've hunted with the original tree saddle and the Onehair tree seat. In my experience, I did not see the need to set up the saddle as high as I would with my climber since I have usually been able to use the tree trunk to hide behind/break up my form.

While I've not used either the GW or the Evo, I would probably lean toward the Web since you seem to prefer longer sits and everyone seems to say the Web really excels in the comfort department.

I am in Alabama, so it is pretty warm but I mostly gun hunt in January so heat is rarely an issue. I do often sit for 10 hours or more. I don't plan on this being my only saddle long term and was thinking that getting the web now and letting the new aero come out may be smart.
Strap steps are a drag. SLOW...each step is just as much work as one climbing stick. Packs smaller of course. I've used Ameristeps, Cranford Rope steps and ClimbPaws. That's what led me to Aider climbing. I hate carrying sticks

I own the GW and SD.

GW by far is the most comfortable and safest but hot in early season.. every time I climb with GW, I do not want to come down cause I'm so comfortable. Where people say that the GW is heavy and bulky, I don't get it. No more bulk than packing a back pack with your gear.

SD is lighter and weighs less but comfort is not much there. Only got the SD for shorter hunts like after work or days I have to be somewhere around lunch or so. And for the hotter days during the season.
After Temps fall, the SD will stay at home.

As far as the aero, I have no clue.

I man used to carrying my summit or my millennium tree seat so either way I think this will be less cumbersome. Just watched a video on climbing with one stick and while that seemed like a pain in the rear, I did like the idea of adding loops to each stick. Also I have been looking at stealth steps. Anyone ever used them and are the junk?

I man used to carrying my summit or my millennium tree seat so either way I think this will be less cumbersome. Just watched a video on climbing with one stick and while that seemed like a pain in the rear, I did like the idea of adding loops to each stick. Also I have been looking at stealth steps. Anyone ever used them and are the junk?
@swampsnyper used them and thought they were junk. I'm sure he can comment on them for you.

Sounds like the votes could go aero but I might regret not getting the web while I can. Does anyone think I will regret getting it?
No you won't. I'm new to this saddle deal and got the web. It's extremely comfortable and in my opinion I think it's a great starting point for us new to this. I'm with you tho, I'm thinking I'll end up getting both.

Back